Thread: Simba got some sort of wild animal =\

Simba got some sort of wild animal =\

Just now we let Simba and Nala outside to pee...
    Nala came right back in, because it was raining -- but Simba was out there fooling around. Normally, he'd be the one coming right back in because of the rain.

We called and called him, then went out there. He had some animal in his mouth, dead.

I'm not sure if it was dead or not, or if he killed it.

I think maybe it was a possum.
    Anyways, My reason for post is should I be afraid? Could he get sick from it?

He has all of his shots up to date. i'm just worried if the possum could be carrying something that he could get? I guess i'm just paranoid because I know noting aobut possums -- or whatever it was.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

If he has all his shots up to date, he'll probably be just fine. Possums - opossums, officially - are one of the few marsupials outside of Australia! Poor little 'possum. RIP.

Bllllech, Simba! and worrying your mama like that! He was just carrying it, not eating it? Do you think it was already dead, or that he killed it? Check Simba carefully for any scratch or bite marks. If he has any, just keep them clean so they don't get infected.

I figured maybe he'd be fine since he has all of his shots, i'm just too paranoid when it comes to them.

I'm not sure if he was eating it or not, My parents are the ones who went and got him. I have no idea if he killed it himself or not.
    It could even still be alive, since don't they do some sort of "fake death" type thing? Or is that another animal i'm thinking of?

The first thing I did was check him to see if he had any bite marks or such.

-rx bandits

This just brought back a Brodie Memory. My other dog brodie when he was a puppy we let him outside to go pee. well, this is when his true hound came out. She picked up this dead bird and started Running and running around with it in his mouth and me chasing him. I was SO worried if he was going to get sick. But it was all fine. He was up to date with shots and vet said he would be fine. Ohh, Puppy Memories!

Im sure Simba will be alright!

I would be freaking out.. Me and my mom.. Especially my mom would be scared of her getting something, and getting sick.. EW simba! lol.. Hope nothing happens.. keep us updated..

Im sure he will be fine..

My parents' Yorkie Sugar was quite the hunter, and was always bringing home dead things--whatever could fit in her mouth, that is. Once she brought a mouse to my grandmother and me. I was too grossed out to do anything useful, but my 88-year-old grandmother had the presence of mind to take the mouse from her (using a towel, or something) and toss it back over the fence. "You have a nasty mouth!" she told the dog. She was kind enough not to mention that I apparently wasn't made of very strong stuff.
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Are you sure it was dead? Possums play dead and can for hours, looking totally keeled over, when their actually alive.

I used to have a few Virginia possums as pets. They were the sweetest cutest things. lol.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Are you sure it was dead? Possums play dead and can for hours, looking totally keeled over, when their actually alive.

I used to have a few Virginia possums as pets. They were the sweetest cutest things. lol.
    Yeah that's what I said...

He could or could not be alive.. I don't know. It's dark out, we threw it over the fence. Hopefully it's smart enough not to come back.

-rx bandits

Funny that you post this...
    Ruby did the same thing just a few days ago.

I called my vet asking the same thing, if she could possibly get sick from it. My vet told me as long as she hadn't been chewing on/eating it and is up-to-date with her shots then she should be fine

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

When I was little my brother and sister's dad used to catch possums and eat them! Bleck!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

KayAnn, they do the "fake death" thing. Our RB dog Teal cought a opossum, and it did that! Trust me, they do it!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I know they do.

-rx bandits