Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another Thursday (#22)

Yet another Thursday (#22)

Well, I'm starting it early. I'm going to pout now. Tomorrow is the day that I have to give Dio up for the 2nd time and I'm not looking forward to it. I need a pick me up before I drive to Gurnee, IL tomorrow which is between 3 1/2 and 4 hours from home.

Let's see...I haven't had a Mexican Coffee for awhile...I'll have one of those (not only that the air is rather crisp now!)

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Gee, the bar seems to be opening sooner and sooner all the time. Richard, get Mugsy what she's wants and put it on my tab. In fact there are so many celebrations this week, I'll pay for them all. I love this fantasty of having lots and lots of money. Oh, I wish. I think Richard said this week's theme was Octoberfest so get those Brats a cookin' and that Beer chilled.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

1001 POSTS and this is from Dick's Place. How appropo (is that like 1001 clowns ). Are we going to have an ooom-pa-pa band for our music this week? I guess we need the early start to finish cleaning up from last week - WHAT A MESS those darn grasshoppers made, yuck

{{{HUGGS}}}, Mugsy!!

Hey ~
    Dad sez he'll trade ya a Missican Kawfee
    fur wunna your an Mike's Killer BEER Brats!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

A BEER Brat! oh oh me too! yum. Can I put saurkraut on mine or would that stink up the kitchen too much Maybe some mustard, just make sure someone keeps the katz away from Richard

Welcome Cinder & Smoke and Phred to the Thursday's Bar. Beer Brats do sound good!!
    It's cold and rainy here today so I want a hot apple cider to kick things off, please Richard!

Boy, am I ready for Thursday!! I missed posting last week but checked in occassionally. Was a horrible week.

It's cool here and I'm cold - what can I get that will warm me up. Coffee and Bailey's possibly or maybe Kahlua. Oh that sounds good! Should warm me all the way to my toes.

Man, I can't type and that's what I do for a living

If i drink enough beer I become a brat!?!?!?!

lol..
    i HAVE to work today.....

so can we start tomorrow?????

It will give everyone a chance to get their costumes ready for tomorrow!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I'm ready too! In fact, I was ready last Friday night!!!! Someone crashed into my car as I was driving to pick up Helen from a local football game. I can't drive it and I think a nice drink would perk me right up!! I can wait until Thursday, but if we drink one in Mugsy and Dio's honor, then I'll do it earlier too!

Molly, I know you are upset already, and I don't blame you. Fingers, paws and claws crossed that this will be a wonderful new home for him.

Logan

Beer and brats! Yummy!!! Seeing as how I'm from Wisconsin - land of beer and brats - I'll bring the brats. My mom knows this old fashioned meat market out in the middle of nowhere in WI that makes their own sausages - weiners, brats, you name it. And yes, they are weiners. Different than your normal average hot dog that you buy in the grocery store. Mugsy actually got to see some of these at the Memorial Day Bark Park get together. Don't know if she tasted one, but I know she saw them. They're WAY better than one of those "skinless" things you get at the store. And their brats are way yummier than Johnsonville brats too, if you can imagine that.

So I put the order in last week with my mom and sent down 20 lbs of brats and some home made saurkraut and some brown mustard. So who wants one?

I haven't been feeling that good lately, so I think I'll wait for Thursday for a drink. Then I'll start the celebration because we're on vacation next week. On our way to the Amana Colonies - an historic German settlement in Iowa, which is keeping with the theme this week. Here's a link if you want to check it out.
    Amana Colonies

Logan, sorry to hear about your car. Glad to hear you're ok though, and Mugsy, sorry to hear you have to give one of your babies up, but like Logan say, hopefully it'll be the best furrever home he could hope to find - next to yours anyway.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Debbie, I checked out that website for Amana Colonies when you posted it earlier, and I wished to be there too!!!! Hope you feel better! You must, so you can enjoy your vacation!!

BTW, my car will be fine. I am slowly getting over my anger at that teenage boy, who wasn't supposed to be driving at night, nor with so many passengers! My insurance adjuster called me this morning at 7:20, and she is chomping at the bit to go after him, but she will concentrate on getting my car fixed first. It will all be ok, but I have been driving accident free, and only one speeding ticket, for over 25 years, and it just infuritated me for this to happen!!!!!

Originally posted by RICHARD
    i HAVE to work today.....
    Don't you just hate it when work interferes with your social life?? Take a breather once in a while and read something entertaining
    Sorry about your car Logan. What an inconvenience.
    Last edited by slick; 09-30-2003 at 02:28 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by slick
    Don't you just hate it when work interferes with your social life??
    In a word...YES!!!

And it happens all the time! I've always heard that work is a four letter word, and I agree 100%.

Wow, Logan, 25 years with no tickets or accidents?!!!? You're an insurance company's dream! But of course I'm sure even though you've paid in all those years with no claims, now your rates will go up just because of one incident. Sorry, but I don't envy you at all. Just the word insurance alone is enough to make my blood boil. Along with the word work of course.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

I did have one ticket, Debbie, over 13 years ago, in Charleston, SC. There was no sympathy from that police officer!!!! But that is it. I think that if the boy had been charged, as he should have been, I probably wouldn't be so upset with the damage to my car!!!! I really need to get over it!!!!!

You just feel better and take lots of pictures next week. That will help to heal me!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    You just feel better and take lots of pictures next week. That will help to heal me!!!
    You got it, Logan.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012