Thread: Luna has peed again :(

Luna has peed again :(

She has peed on the carpet in the hall tonight and I just found out there's an older (very smelly) spot on the guest bed in the cat room. She has peed there even though I have used Feliway.

I can easily wash the rug and the blanket on the guest bed, but it's frustrating she's still doing it, even though she's on antibiotics now - and I'm afraid she will do it on the sofa in the living room again.
    Since I didn't like the look of the plaids I've bought for the sofa to cover the rubber sheets, I bought two blankets for the sofa today today. All in all it's more than 100 Euro I have paid for all this so far. And I think it's just a question of time till the first wet spot is on them, too.

And while Luna is peeing all over the place, Lily messes everything up, and she destroys my deco stuff.

I really love my cats and usually have a lot of patience, but with all the other things going on at the moment, I'm very close to a nervous breakdown! I really need a break!!!

Kirsten

Oh Kirsten, i'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I might have missed some posts about this, but is there a reason for her peeing everywhere. Since she is on antibiotics, I assume you brought her to the vets.

Please try and be strong and hang in there. I'm sure this will all pass soon. I pray and hope it does in order for you to keep your sanity.

Good luck and take care.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Kirsten, please try to stay calm. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both Luna and Lily. Hopefully Luna's antibiotics will start working soon so she'll stop peeing everywhere and hopefully Lily will learn not to damage your things. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Kirsten, it is a real possibility that your stress is affecting the cats. Try, at all costs to at least stay calm. (trust me when I say that I KNOW this is easier said than done).
    Did you find an enzyme cleaner for the pee spots? And keep using the feliway on a daily, twice daily basis if necessary.
    I will be praying that you can have a little peace, and SOON.

So sorry you are still having trouble Kirsten. Poor little Luna and poor you! Sure hope the pills kick in fast and this can be resolved. We are praying for it!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Jen, that might be true actually.

Luna has also started pooping on the floor now (not too bad because so far, she only pooped on the hardwood floor and I can easily clean that up) but this is definitely telling me her behavior is not only medical related.

I have also noticed a change in her behavior: While she almost permanently ignored me during the summer, even before Lily has arrived) she's now becoming a lap cat again - and gets very disappointed when Lily interferes, which she's always doing!

Kirsten

We are praying for Lily to stop. Sam does this once in a while , as I think that he is upset by the unneuterd strays that keep on showing up on the front porch! But with Feliway , he doesnt do it as often! Good Luck with Lily!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks!

Well, it's actually Luna who has to stop, but I'm sometimes mixing up their names myself...

I'm using a lot of Feliway these days here, and I hope it helps!

Kirsten