Thread: I have a stray coming to my house!!!!

I have a stray coming to my house!!!!

I really want to trap her and I am just now gaining her trust.. but I can't seem to find a no kill shelter in the phone book. She is soooo sweet and still a little skiddesh around me ... but last night I sat on the porch with her after she ate.. and pet and pet and pet her. She loved it sooo much...

but sometimes when I would hold my hand out for her to rub on ... every once and a while she would nibble my hand.. why would she do that?... it wasn't hard and didn't hurt at all... just curious why she would do that.
    Here are some picures .. they arn't the best.. She is grey... with the PRETTIEST grey eyes... I LOVE HER... i need to think of a name for her... any ideas?

What is the best way to find a no kill shelter that WILL MAKE SURE SHE IS PLACED IN A WONDERFUL HOME?!?!? Unless a Pet Talker would like to have her.. I could make arrangements to drive as far as needed!!

[CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Aw, what a cutie ; She looks very skinny, so thanks for taking care of her!! I hope you can find a good forever home

She is skinny...
    she is getting bigger now though. I really want to see her get a WONDERFUL furrever home. She is going to be such a sweet kitty kat!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

I think you should call her Europa - a moon of Jupiter

She will be a sweet kitty when she finds her furever home. She looks to me that she is a stray and not a feral. How can someone dump such a beautiful girl
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Sometimes a Cat that is not used to being petted will bite a bit , because they are nervous and over excited! Pleaee keep on feeding her and see if there is an oganization that will take her in. Sadly most like the AWA are not in the phone book. Check inder Cats in the Classified.That is how I found the AWA , and the Princess! Dark Black and Grey Tabby below!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Try this link, it has a few cat related resources in Georgia:

http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/georgia.html
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Here's a site with listings of no-kill shelters. She appears skinny but maybe pregnant? If you can pet her you may not have a problem catching her and having her fixed. Just keep feeding her in the same spot daily until she gets use to eating there. Then set your trap there with her food in it.

http://www.saveourstrays.com/no-kill.htm
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!

I want to make sure wherever I take her that they make sure she goes to a good home and not just to anybody... i am already so attached to her!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

She appears skinny but maybe pregnant?
    She had kittens somewhere when she first came over cause her teets (?!?) were sagging. She never brought the kittens up though.... so I don't know if they made it or not. ....
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Can't you keep her? she looks great.

Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    Can't you keep her? she looks great.
    Just what I was thinking (Great minds and all that)

Come on Sara, you have the room for a little one. Jupiter & Tinky need a sister.

Come on Sara, you have the room for a little one. Jupiter & Tinky need a sister

i really really really want to keep her.... but Eric says no. I need Kelly's (Noah's Mommy) husband to call and give him a talking to.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

I wished I could talk my husband into one more. I'm in TN so not too far from you. I've been trying but he says three cats and a dog is his limit.

From Decker with Love

Sara, she sure is pretty. I hope you're able to find a rescue organization that will be able to find her a great new loving forever home. Good luck and please keep us posted. Too bad you can't keep her.

She's really cute!

I didn't go to the links that K&L and Russian Blue posted, but I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

You wouldn't net the kitty, you would set up a humane trap if she doesn't allow you to pick her up. I would imagine if she's letting you pet her, a quick "put in the carrier" wouldn't be too hard.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...