Thread: dachshunds again!

dachshunds again!

Hi, I have another question about dachshunds for anyone who is familiar with this breed. What do you know about the positioning of the feet. My dog is a miniature (finally figured that out) he is very stocky and broad chested but his feet turn out especially when he sits. Is this ok for dachshunds or are there feel supposed to be straight? they look like they are formed to do this but I don't know too much and all the books and internets don't go into enough details.
    Thanks!

The feel on both my standards (8 year old and 6 month old) do the same thing. I think it's the way they're built to counteract their short legs and long bodies.

We also say that their socks fell down because of the small wrinkles on their legs just above their feet. Nothing wrong with them, again just the way they are built.

What kind of temperament does you little guy have?

Thanks

Robinh,
    Thanks for your insight! All this dachshund stuff is new to me!
    My dog, Peti's temperment is pretty good! He can get real rough when we play and my husband likes to get him really worked up, but I don't like it too much because then he doesn't know when to quit, just like kids! He is just 5months now and becoming very watchful. He loves the outdoors and has already dug up a ground mole and brought it to us! That was a surprise!
    Thanks for writing back! We seem to be only a few of the dachshund/yorkie owners on this site. But, I love all types of dogs and cats!!!