Thread: Abanonded Kitten in Arizona

Abanonded Kitten in Arizona

This is from another forum that I am on I was wondering if there was anyone who could help. He's tried to contact the no kill shelters in Phoenix but they were all full. I even offered to pick up the kitten if one of the Tucson no kill shelters had room for him, but they were all filled as well.

Abandoned kitten
    My wife and I found an abandoned kitten on our doorstep two days ago. She's not a stray, she was in a cat carrier, but there was no note or anything. We have no idea who left her here though obviously it was someone who knows or has heard we are cat lovers (we have 7 total now, including her). We weren't exactly looking for another cat as we recently go a puppy, but we had to take her in since we're in Phoenix and it's been over 110 consistently. She is a very pretty little thing, but extremely skinny! My wife estimates she's about 6 months old based on her frame size, but she weighs less than our 4 month old kitten! The biggest problem is we can't get her to eat anything! We had a spare empty bedroom so we put a bowl of food and water on one side and a litter box in the other. We also added her carrier with a warm shirt in the bottom, a cat condo, a 3 toys. At night we shut the door to the room so the others cats don't pick on her, but during the day we've been leaving the door open so she can come out and explore if she wants. The dog can't get back to the bedroom and the other cats rarely, if ever, go back there as well. She still won't eat though! When ever my wife or I go near her she runs up to us and rubs against us while meowing and hissing. She hisses at EVERYTHING!
    We can't really afford to keep another kitten, but all the no kill shelters aren't accepting any more cats right now. So I'm looking for advice. First, suggestions on how to get this cat to eat. Second, what to do about her.
    Thanks!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I've been Defrosted!

Have they tried calling: 1-888-PETS-911
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I posted the number for him. But what is it exactly? I've never heard of it before.
    I've been Defrosted!

It's a pet rescue. Here's their web site: http://www.pets911.com/index.php

We've been out of town so just now getting to this.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers