Thread: my cat bite my hair!!

my cat bite my hair!!

this morning when i woke up I saw Momo beside me on the bed as usual, i said "morning" to her and laid down for a few more minutes... and then i noticed Momo came up to my pillow and bite my hair! ... anyone experienced this before?

could it be she was too hungry? or the scent of my shampoo/conditioner?...
    Momo,... is very cute!

Momo's Gallery

My Georgie does that too.

He usually sleeps curled around my head with his head on my cheek.

When he tries to wake me, he has a catologue of ideas starting with patting & poking my face and nose and ending with him bitting my head or my hair.

I think it is an attention seeking thing, maybe they are trying to groom us and get caught up with our hair. Or it could be a 'Wake up NOW Meowmy' thing.

He always looks so proud of himself when I finally open my eyes, I can't help but give him a cuddle, however early it is

One of my newest kittens, Callie, will do this to me in the middle of the night, especially after I wake up for some reason. She is my dilute calico, who comes and plays in my hair. Sometimes it feels like she is purposely trying to swirl it up into a mess. Usually, I have to pick her up and place her on the floor, in order to get her to stop.

.........wayne

Noah has always "groomed" our hair. He especially likes to groom my hubby's hair after he gets home from work.

Just recently, Micah has started doing this. BUT! He bites my head when he does it! OUCH!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Angel has a thing for just-washed hair, but he just stands on my shoulders and rubs against my hair rather than chewing it. His littermate Pistol, who was adopted by a co-worker of mine, once chewed off a big hunk of his adoptive mom's hair. Gives you some idea why she named him "Pistol."

If Cubby wants to wake me up he has a few things he does before he goes for the hair bitting or the head bitting. He will keep his face right in my face most of the time that will wake me up, if that doesn't work he will bite my nose and if that still doesn't work he will go for the eye lids, which almost always will work if nothing else did. When he bites my eye lids, he will tug on it a little which is more than enough pain to wake up anyone. But once it didn't work and he started biting my hair and head. I woke up and there he was wanting to cuddle. So that is what he got then after 2 minutes he fell asleep.

LOL

Pixel does that too ... I'm not entirely sure why. She usually does it when she's in the mood for play, and she's a biter/chewer so that probably has something to do with it. It's really funny when she does it to Daddy's hair LOL!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.