Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K'Cee to the VET!!

K'Cee to the VET!!

Not sure what's going on but something is happening where her stitches (from the spay) were. She was moaning while grooming her belly...low and behold there's a purpley-red skinned place. Looks like an defunkt oval. Hope it's nothing serious!!!

Vet's at lunch -- hope he can get her in ASAP!!!

Can't write much more at the moment... I'm tearing up!

Re: K'Cee to the VET!!

Originally posted by zippy-kat
    Hope it's nothing serious!!!
    OMG!

Zippy & K'Cee ~

Lotta udder Folks "Hope it's nuffin serious" TOO!

Pawz. Klawz, an Dad's Finnerz all krossed here.
    An Prayers sed!

Be Brave, K'Cee! (an Zippy, too!)

Hope it's jest a lil *irritation* frum *too much* groomin wiffa Licker Tung!

Keep us posted soon as ya can!

Love an {{{Huggz}}}!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Thanks guys...

I just called... I can either get her in w/ the not-so-good vet at 3pm ~*OR*~ drop her off at the good vet's tomorrow at 8am. I'm opting for the second.

Dad's at home cat-sitting for me. (Don't tell the other 2, but I think K'Cee is dad's favorite of our kittykats!)

I don't think 8am can come soon enough!

Oh no, Zippy.... We're sending you and K'cee our love and prayers. Hope the precious one gets in to see the vet very soon. Please let us know when you hear something. As Phred says, hopefully it's just a little irritation or infection. Thinking of you with all paws and fingers crossed. {{{hugs}}}

Just read your 2nd post.......can't wait till 8am!! K'Cee couldn't have a better kitty sitter! Good job, G-pa!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

All fingers and paws crossed here for sweet K'Cee. Extra prayers on the way too.

Here's hoping is just a simple irritation and nothing serious. I'll check in tomorrow morning for an update. Luv and prayers on the way!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh NO!!! Not K'Cee!!! We all hope it's nothing serious and just that durn "licker tung" thing.

Hurry up 8:00 am, we need to get K'Cee to the white coats to make sure she's going to be ok.

Zippy, I'm sorry, but I don't have any suggestions as to what this could possibly be. Hopefully just from excessive licking, but then you would need to find out why the excessive licking. Did she actually have the stitches taken out or were they the dissolving type? Either way, it might just be a bit of stitch is still in there and hasn't dissolved or they missed it when they were taking them out and it's now become infected. Hopefully it's just something minor like that.

Give that precious little girl a hug for me, and try and get some sleep and not worry too much. 8:00 am can't get here fast enough, but it will be here before you know it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Here's hoping it's only an irritation from the sticthes! It sounds a lot like it. Get a good nights sleep and hopefully the vet visit will calm you down!

Fingers and paws crossed here.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

OHHHHHH......I don't think I could handle any more bad news...

PLEASE LET IT BE A SIMPLE INFECTION!! Everything crossed here...hurry up 8 am!!

isn't it 8 a.m. YET??!!???

this will be a long night. Here's hoping for the simplest explaination possible for what might be wrong.

Poor little K'Cee Kat!
    You guys will be in our prayers.... make sure you tell us what the vet says as soon as you can..
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Louie & The Beans say..........

K'Cee ~ we all gotz everything we can possibly cross...crossed. LOUD Louie saic he'd even cross his tail for you iffin he had one, We all really want you to get better!

Love an {{{Huggles}}}!

LOUD Louie & The Beans.....and Their Mama

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Did she actually have the stitches taken out or were they the dissolving type? Either way, it might just be a bit of stitch is still in there and hasn't dissolved or they missed it when they were taking them out and it's now become infected. Hopefully it's just something minor like that.

T&P'S mom,

if they did a tubal ligation, they tie the tubes off. some dissolving
    sutures do not dissolve, or take longer to go. the body rejects the 'foreign body', forcing it thru the skin. rejected sutures turn the skin purple as the material comes out.

(in a tubal crush and fulguration they separate the tubes
    thru cautery-burn them to separate the tube) just a few stitches to close the incision site.

sounds like your right in the money! hope that's all it is.

btw, i have this bump on my head....

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Did she actually have the stitches taken out or were they the dissolving type?
    No, they were the dissolving type. And after they dissolved, she was left with a lump. From what I can feel/see (she won't let me touch anywhere around there) the lump has pretty much disappeared.

Could it be a hernia? What do those look like, Nurse Sandra?

The purpley-blue-red color has faded into a deep infectious looking pink. She's sore!! She's walking a bit funny & you can't pick her up w/out her 'yelping'. We've doctored it with Neosporin but still... I SOOOOO wish there was something else I could do for her.

I have to pause and say it's wonderful to have an animal loving boss--allowing me to be late for work tomorrow! K'Cee will be a "drop-off" -- otherwise the vet couldn't see her for a wk or two!

I'll let you guys know what I find out, when I find out...ASAP!

I hope this is nothing more than a simple infection and that darling K'Cee will be prancing again soon.
    Steffi and Lovable