Thread: Just like an older brother!

Just like an older brother!

I've been having a great time watching Squirt (2 years old) get to know his new little brother, Gus (5 mo). The first night Gus was here Squirt spent the entire evening with his tail puffed up, growling and acting like Gus was 5 pounds of Pure Evil. But after two weeks they act just like brothers: Gus follows Squirt everywhere, even into the litterbox! If Squirt is in the kitchen then Gus is in the kitchen....if Squirt is drinking water out of the Christmas tree stand then Gus will run over and stick his little head in, too... Squirt seems to enjoy having a little "shadow" and will wash Gus' head for him once in a while, but his favorite thing to do is to put Gus in a headlock. Luckily, Gus seems to enjoy headlocks and just purrs and purrs....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How adorable! Isn't it just so fun to watch them bond!!!? Great pic!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

They look so cute! They remind me of my Corkscrew and Tibby, they are the same way. Tibby follows Corkscrew everywhere and they do everything together. Corkscrew is such a good big brother, he bathes her everyday, and shares his bed with his little sister. It's great when cats get along like that.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

It's so nice to see they act like brothers. They both are very beautiful cats

Hellostranger, it is very satisfying to watch two separate frukids, who have little in common,,except that they are cats, begin to bond after a time of fussing. I'll bet now if you were to take one of them away, the other would be meowing and trying to find the other out of lonliness.

The last 3 adptees have totally integrated with the remainder 7 furkids. Yesterday I saw them chasing each other around the house without hissing and growling. It has only taken them approximately 5 to 10 days! I have found that sharing a fovorite toy has much to do with promoting bonding.

........wayne

I'm so glad that Squirt and Gus are getting along so well. All 3 of my male cats also get along very well. Storm, my oldest cat, is like the mother to Pepper and Sunny. He likes to wash their heads and their bottoms if they let him. BTW I also love the pic.