Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rain!!!!

Rain!!!!

I don't know if others go through this but today it has rained, and rained, and rained. I was lucky enough to get Ricky & Lucy Tu to go "potty" this morning during a break in the the rain but there has been no break since. I have taken them out with an umbrella several times but they get so stressed that nothing happens. I put papers down for them but neither one will go in the house (we potty trained them a little too well) Fortunately, they would go number 1 outside but that is all. Does anyone else have problems like this when it rains?

Star goes potty on command, and I guess her eagerness to please overrides any problems she has with the rain. She WAS outside snapping at raindrops earlier though. *grin*

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Sorry I can't relate. When it rains mine go out and stand in it just to get wet. I guess they are true water dogs!

same with mine they just stand there in the rain, mostly buck.

Cisco is the same way! He does NOT like the water/rain of any sort! It has been raining here too. Yesterday and today. I try to take him in between drops, but that is not always possible. When I think he has to absolutely go pee I just put him in the middle of the yard and tell him to hurry, hurry and go pee! If it is not raining too hard he will go with my persistance, but if it is coming down pretty good forget it! He will make a bee line for the door.LOL
    Chihuahua Lover
    Don't Litter Spay&Neuter

How do I love thee? The ways are numberless as the hairs on the rug!

Cisco's Mom,

I have not experienced a really "hard rain" with my pup
    Moki as yet but my RB dog Buddy didn't much like it when
    it was "raining buckets" outside. He would just turn around
    at the door & hold it till the storm let up a little. Bud didn't
    mind going out in regular rain, snow, sleet or even when
    there was lightning flashes all over the place. I, of course,
    was scared to death of lightning flashes and stayed inside
    the door & waited for him to finish. He was never
    in a hurry to get back inside except during the heavy rain.

I guess all dogs are different. Hope you all don't just float
    away down there.LOL.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My Bella doesn't seem to mind any kind of bad weather. When the door opens, she's off--prancing and sniffing and smelling! Lately it has been extremely cold - 17 degrees in the morning yesterday - and I noticed she sure didn't stay outside very long! I had a miniature poodle a few years back who would start to go out the door and then when she saw the rain would give me the most pathetic look as if to say "do I have to?"

Sheba does not like the rain,
    She will run outside fast. and do her business
    than run back in the house twice as fast.
    Rocky and Pepper don't care unless it's pouring.

----<---<--<{(@

It finally stopped raining around noon today much to the "relief" of my two little angels.
    The problem with constant rain like we had is the puddles. Ricky & Lucy Tu seem to vanish everytime they step in one. I have to blow dry them when we get back inside and they shiver for 2 hours afterwards.

Originally posted by Pam
    My Bella doesn't seem to mind any kind of bad weather. When the door opens, she's off--prancing and sniffing and smelling! Lately it has been extremely cold - 17 degrees in the morning yesterday - and I noticed she sure didn't stay outside very long!
    Oh, no, could it be that Bella is not a Polar Dog after all?

No one here likes the rain however. I force them outside and they both just stand there acting like they don't know what to do. I'm at the door saying *Go potty, go potty, go potty*. It takes them twice as long as it needs to. One of these days I would think they would figure out that you zip out, go fast, and you can come back in much quicker, but no luck yet.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I know what you mean about the rain being annoying. Our girls don't always want to go out, but when they really wanna go, they end up running around to wear off energy and play so they get all muddy and it ends up all over our house, no matter how much we wipe their feet. It's not that hard to clean up off of the floor, but it's a major pain when I'm home on lunch and they get my pants dirty so I have to change. I hate having mud all over my pants!

My dogs do not like rain. When I open the door they look at me like I am crazy for thinking that they will go out in that weather. But I make then go outside then they potty on command! It's not a problem for me but they hate it! I guess I trained my dogs a little too well!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Cloudy again

It is gettng cloudy again and rain is in the forecast. I have a feeling that it will be a very long afternoon.

I am sooo glad you posted this!!!! I have 3 dogs and they are the same way! Finally, they will reluctantly go "on command" ... well 2 of them will. My biggest dog, Savannah, will hold it 24 hours if she has to ... just to avoid getting wet! UUGH! I know that can't be good for her bladder, and it is sooo frustrating!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Lucy & Ricky must have known it was coming again today because they both went plenty of potty today by noon and it has been raining ever since which is about 8 hours already. No letting up anytime soon either.