View Poll Results: Do you love or hate summer

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it! Give me 12 months of summer!

8 19.51%
  • Hate it! Can I hibernate for 3 months?

8 19.51%
  • Take it or leave it.

0 0%
  • I enjoy it, but like other months better

5 12.20%
  • I tolerate summer, but definitely prefer other seasons

11 26.83%
  • I don't like the weather but I like the activities

4 9.76%
  • Other: explain

5 12.20%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love or hate summer?

Love or hate summer?

I so desperately hate summer. There is nothing good about it. The heat. The humidity. The bugs. The sunburns. Needing to have my legs daily The fact that my job is dead dead dead in summer and my coworkers become backstabbing monsters only makes summer even more miserable. I've also been diagnosed with Seasonal Depressive disorder -- only I get it during the summer (whereas most "normal" people get it in the fall) Plus my cats won't snuggle with me because they're hot Poor melty cats.

Ok, well, ice cream does taste especially good in summer. And we can give summer a plus for long days. but thats as far as I will go for liking summer!

What is your feeling of summer?

As I have gotten older, I find that I tolerate cold much better than hot. So I much prefer the cooler months. I also like the shorter days, longer nights. One reason - it's easier to get the boy cats in when it gets dark earlier.

I like my "winter" recipes more than the summer ones. Who wants to make chili or pot roast when it's over 90°?

Let's just say I TOLERATE it. As I get older, I find I get very tired and cranky in humid, hot weather.

But I do like the activities, and the fact that I can take my nekkids out for a walk in their stroller!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I enjoyed summer more years ago when I was thin and active. Now that I'm heavier I prefer winter so I can cover up under layers of clothes. Hopefully that will change soon though.
    We used to go out on our boat almost every weekend. Now we are selling the boat. One summer activity is going for rides on the motorcycle. I can still wear layers on the bike.
    So I voted other on the poll.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I tolerate it - the heat waves make it that way for me. I look forward to Labour Day weekend!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I voted that I enjoy it but I like other months better. Since I live in Northern CA it doesn't get as hot as in many other areas but we do have our hot spells. I don't have AC either and I live on the second floor so my condo can heat up quickly especially if it doesn't cool down at night. I love the long days and daylight though. My favorite month is probably Fall because I like the temperature better. I'd love for the temp to stay 70 all year long.

I voted "I enjoy it, but like other months better "

I don't like the heat either but I work in air conditioning, have it in my car and at home. I don't go outside if it is too hot. I am pretty spoiled.

I would say my favorite season is Spring, Fall, Summer and then Winter.

I love the summer. I like the warm weather.I love spending time in the garden and under the tent, its peaceful.
    We get a lot of birds and wildlife. The humming birds, the humming bird moth, goldfinch, the bear.

Summer time is MY time! LOVE this time of year, my fave!!! The activities, not having to add clothes to go out, not dealing with boots, wet paws, just having FUN!!!!

Growing up, I assumed everyone loved summer cuz it meant school was out.

I mostly HATE IT with a passion, my favourite time of year is autumn, spring it would be except for the hayfever, i would rather just stay inside with my air con all summer and not go out at all, infact i do not go out much anyhow.

However some things are good about summer, swimming is nice,but that is about it for me .
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We have summer days that are in the 70s - low 80s. I love those days. Summer days that are in the high 80s - 100+...I don't enjoy. I'm very sensitive to heat, get migraines, and end up feeling sick if I go out. I enjoy spring/fall more. Our winters are not bad either...sometimes the cold, crisp air feels so 'fresh'.

I have a love/hate relationship with summer. I love it quite warm. I am good with 30 even 35°C (85-95°F) weather with no problem. But I hate the humidity. If I could have the heat with low-low/moderate humidity I would be just fine. I could even handle hotter than I stated. I am cold with temperatures under 25°C (77°F) so am more than happy with the heat. Just take away that miserable humidity that makes it feel like the seventh circle of hell and I would be a happy camper.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I totally, completely, gazillion percent HATE spring and summer. As I get older I love the cold weather more each year - at my age I figure I'll keep better. The perfect day is 20 degrees with about a foot of fresh snow on the ground, crystal blue sky, and cotton-ball clouds.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Even though I prefer cool-cold weather, I love the change of seasons. I wouldn't want to live where the weather doesn't change much all year long.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I tolerate it - as long as I have my air conditioning to stay cool. I much prefer winter tho, and can take the cold better than the heat. I love the beach or having access to a pool, but that's not always possible. Give me temps in the low 80's, a nice breeze, and no humidity, and I would gladly take that year round. However, living in Delaware, that ain't ever gonna happen! Besides - I love the change of seasons.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~