Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does this happen every year at this time?

Why does this happen every year at this time?

Another outdoor kitty. I was turning off patio room lights and a cat shot out of the shelter like a cannon ball! I put food out for him/her but it was untouched this morning. Last year it was LBK but, fortunately, I found a home for him. We've got a lot of snow and it's still coming and the temp has dropped into the low teens. The shelter is warm and snuggly and has a wind barrier but s/he hasn't been back since last night; no kitty tracks.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We are praying Mary that your little vistor returns.
    Maybe microwaving the dry food workls, it always did with My Porch Cats!!
    The smell of warm food always brings out the hungry.
    Good Luck with Your Porch Cat , Mary
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    We are praying Mary that your little vistor returns.
    Maybe microwaving the dry food workls, it always did with My Porch Cats!!
    The smell of warm food always brings out the hungry.
    Good Luck with Your Porch Cat , Mary
    Oh yes, Gary, I nuked the food. My years in rescue taught me well. Apparently, this one is a tough customer. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

Hopefully this kitty found another shelter to get out of the weather. And maybe it will be back to your patio soon.
    I'm glad we do not have strays around my house, because I would have a house full and probably wouldn't have a boyfriend anymore.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, poor kitty. It's no fun living outside when it's freezing. I hope she/he has found a warm shelter somewhere else, or will come back to you.

While we had kitties living in our back yard, someone suggested to put a tiny bit of salt in the water, then it won't freeze.

Good luck, kitty! Hope you end up in a loving warm home!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Hopefully this kitty found another shelter to get out of the weather. And maybe it will be back to your patio soon.
    I'm glad we do not have strays around my house, because I would have a house full and probably wouldn't have a boyfriend anymore.
    The shelter is outdoors. My patio room is enclosed and heated but it must have looked like I was right outside the shelter to the kitty b/c I keep it close to the house for warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    While we had kitties living in our back yard, someone suggested to put a tiny bit of salt in the water, then it won't freeze.
    Now that's a good idea! Thanx, I'm going to try that.

The strays really know how to tug on my heart strings. It seems like they hold out until the really bitter, cold weather comes and during the holidays, too. LBK's story had a happy ending. The year before, Buddy didn't. This cat seems really afraid. I don't even know if it's male or female b/c it ran so fast. I'm not even sure of its color; I think it's gray but it was dark so I don't know. Hopefully, s/he'll come back for some warm food.
    Blessings,
    Mary

If the kitty hasn't been back for food, water and shelter, then just maybe s/he belongs to someone . . . you know, one of those folks who believe the cat MUST be allowed outside daily.

Because with the weather you've had in your area, I would think food, shelter and water would be a HUGE draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    If the kitty hasn't been back for food, water and shelter, then just maybe s/he belongs to someone . . . you know, one of those folks who believe the cat MUST be allowed outside daily.

Because with the weather you've had in your area, I would think food, shelter and water would be a HUGE draw.
    Yep, that's what I'm hoping.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I just now saw cat tracks, so I warmed up some cat food and was as quiet as I could be but as soon as s/he heard me, s/he took off running again. S/he went clear across the yard. I hope s/he comes back to eat. It's so cold and we're having 35 mph winds right now. The shelter is warm but s/he needs to eat!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Hmmm, I just checked again and there are cat tracks leading up to the food dish. Nothing was eaten. So either this cat is being fed elsewhere or s/he doesn't like what's on the menu at my house.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Bless you for providing the homeless kitties with a warm shelter and a nice warm meal. I'm asking St. Francis to lead this kitty back to safety and a full tummy if s(he) has nobody to love and care for her/him.

Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses to thank you for helping his fellow kitties in need
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Mary, you are the kindest purest soul I've known. You have a gift for the feline and spirit sort so I'm sure if s/he is in need s/he will come back to you. It's nature. Kitty will know where it's welcome and safe. Keep the faith.
    Claudia & Calvin

My bet is that kitty has someone else feeding it and it just comes by for a visit... if it went up to the dish and smelled it, then turned it's nose up at it... it wasn't hungry.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

God bless you, Mary.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It kinds of sounds like a feral cat. I don't know but, do you think a tame
    cat, if it were cold & hungry, would run from a human that offered food? They
    are super smart & probably would have "connected" the food outside with
    the human nearby.

Mary, are you leaving wet food or dry food? The frigid weather has sure
    changed the schedule of my three front porch cats. Only the young Tuxie
    boy next door is the only one to show up for food for the last three days.

I leave both dry & wet food out & the wet food freezes up hard as a rock.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt