Thread: Odd behavior

Odd behavior

My name is Kiearstan. I'm new to this forum and I am happy to have found it.
    I've had pets all my life mostly cats.

I recently moved in with my boyfriend. We are both cat lovers and rescued a kitten a few months ago off the street, we named him Proton. He is the cutest little gray, white, striped kitten ever (I'll post some pics soon).

About a month ago I was getting ready to lay back down (it was hot here in San Diego so we were sleeping in the living room only room that has AC) it was early around 5am (the bf works really early) and just as I was getting ready to lay down Proton did this weird behavior that I have subsequently called: crabwalking.

Let me describe it the best I can; he arches up his spine and his tail (although rarely puffs up) his ears are often time flattened and he'll bob his head while walking sideways, like a crab! It's the weirdest thing. Sometimes he'll do it when he's been accidentally scared by me or my BF but usually it's for no reason.

One theory we have is it's some sort of show of dominance on his part. Almost like he is egging us on. We theorize this because often times this behavior is followed by him wanting to play.

It doesn't really bother us one way or the other but between my BF and I we've had close to a dozen cats in our lifetimes and neither one of us has ever encountered this behavior.

Anyone else have little fur babies doing the crabwalk?

All is ok & good with your baby.. Yes it is a sign of dominance & a sign of your baby is just wanting to play.. Get the baby some tasle feather fluff toys & play with him/her.. Yes would love to see pics..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>