Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maya Linn AND Murphy to the vet on Monday...

Maya Linn AND Murphy to the vet on Monday...

Maya Linn either has a URI or allergies that are wreaking havoc on her respiratory system. I just gave her a Chlortrimeton and she's resting well. That's just till I can get her to the vet.

Murphy, who is bone thin at age 16, is losing clumps of fur. I have a feeling that LuLu is stressing her out. She's always trying to play with Murphy and all poor Murph wants is to be left the hell alone. I looked where the clumps came from and there's a red mark. I KNOW they're going to want to do blood work on her. Oh well, so much for the rest of my savings. My babies come first!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that everything goes well at the vets and that it doesn't cost you too much. I know how expensive the vets can be. Good luck.

KAK,

It's all about responsible parenting. 2 or 4 legged!!

I was down at the beach with my daughter and my best friend. I didn't sleep a wink because I kept thinking about Murphy. I see little red bumps and she is bone, and I do mean BONE THIN!! She had her right thyroid nodule removed 2 years ago. I'm really worried about her. She'll be 16 in December.

I came home early to check in on her and the others. She's alone in my bedroom to herself with a big bowl of food, water, litterbox, radio and a window to sit in, undisturbed. Gives me peace of mind too.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

So how did their vet visit go? Hopefully they'll both be fine and it didn't cost you too much. My two new babies go back tomorrow morning,8-17-10, for rechecks and I hope everything will go well for them too.

The vet's office got their days mixed up. Actually Murphy's appointment is today at 3.

Maya Linn's sneezing and runny nose I believe to be allergies. I'm going to give her Chlortrimeton to easer her symptoms. They come and go. The vet said that's fine. If she had a URI, my other cats would've caught it by now. She's had these symptoms for 2 weeks.

I spoke with my friend who researched Hypothyroidism. ALL the symptoms of it, Murphy has. Yanking out clumps of fur, jumpy. Her litterbox crying has me worried, though. My main fear is Renal Failure. If I can get her the help she needs and make her as comfortable as possible, that is my mission. She was chasing a milk jug ring the other day!!! There is hope!!

I'll post when I get home. Would you guys mind prayers and candles for my old lady?? I'd appreciate it and PT prayers always work!

My prays are coming that it's nothing serious with Murphy and they will be able to fix her up as good as new.

My prays are also coming for Maya Linn. And prays for you of course

Melissa

Thanks Melissa!

Prayers from here, Donna, keep us updated!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and Murphy and Maya Linn from me and my gang. Hope they both feel better soon!

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to both of your girls. Please continue to keep us updated about them.

Prayers for your two beloved girls Murphy and Maya Linn..

A candle for Murphy: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417280

and one for Maya Linn: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11417296
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks everyone!!

Just got back hauling a 15 1/2 lb and a 5.3 lb cat to the vet. I'm sweating bullets.

Just as I thought, Maya Linn has allergies and a possible sinus infection. He gave her shot of cortisone and gave me Ammoxi drops with cortisone to give her. She's now resting comfortably.

Murphy has HYPERthyroidism. She also has a heart murmur and a rapid pulse rate. He took blood and gave her a shot of benadryl to stop the itching/hair pulling (which was causing the itching). He'll call me tomorrow with the results. I asked him about a transdermal cream you rub in their ear for the hyperthyroidism. He said that might be an option once we get the blood test back.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow.

Total cost = $189.00

Both babies home and happy = PRICELESS!!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 08-17-2010 at 05:59 PM.

PRICELESS! You got that right!

Looks hopeful for Murphy. I hope he and Maya Linn are much more comfortable soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Great! Maya Linn got just what she needs to nip this one, and that sounds very promising for Murphy.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad that you were able to get them both into the vets and I hope that they both start feeling better soon.