Thread: Misey Has a Big Dilemma

Blog Entries

Misey Has a Big Dilemma

Today I purchased dog food at the coop & bought three pig ears for the dogs as a treat. Baxter wolfed his down. Misey our Australian Shepherd I don't think cares for the pig ears but didn't want Baxter to have it either. My hubby saw her with the pig ear where she dropped it under the workbench in the machine shed. Then she came back & moved it under the combine. But then that wasn't good enough so she put it under the hay wagon. Then she came back picked it up & wondered outside somewhere with it. If her nose has dirt on it I'll know she buried it somewhere & hopefully not in my garden. I guess after this she will need a different treat of sorts.

Are they commercial pig ears or real pig ears?

The commercial ones are full of preservatives, salt, and all kinds of things that aren't good for dogs, and frequently are recalled for salmonella.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Blog Entries
    These are the real pig ears. She still has it out in the lawn growling at Baxter when he tries to take it away. I have no idea what you mean by commerical ears? These are farm dogs & I tell you they get into worse things out here in the country then pig ears. Thank you for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Today I purchased dog food at the coop & bought three pig ears for the dogs as a treat. Baxter wolfed his down. Misey our Australian Shepherd I don't think cares for the pig ears but didn't want Baxter to have it either. My hubby saw her with the pig ear where she dropped it under the workbench in the machine shed. Then she came back & moved it under the combine. But then that wasn't good enough so she put it under the hay wagon. Then she came back picked it up & wondered outside somewhere with it. If her nose has dirt on it I'll know she buried it somewhere & hopefully not in my garden. I guess after this she will need a different treat of sorts.

My dogs love them,but I don't buy them much because they are so expensive. They usually last about 1 minute with Maggie & Smokey takes
    his time & savors them. That drives Maggie nuts.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Funny, isn't it? If it weren't for Baxter, she'd probably not care about it one bit, but because HE wants it - I'd better hide it!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I walked up the driveway to get the mail & Missy was laying by the big Pine tree. Coming back with the mail I noticed the mulch around the apple tree was in a pile. I went to look. Missy walked over pushed the mulch away with her paw & there was the hog ear. She was keeping close tabs on it. I wonder what she will do with it next? Baxter came in the house, so she is on her own out there finding another hiding place for the pig ear.

Gotta love the Aussie's and their strange ways!

My mom's dog, Little Bit (a mini poodle), does this exact same thing with her daily biscuit. My mom gives both dogs a biscuit each morning. Pepsi eats hers right away, but Little Bit will carry it around with her ALL day long, taking a nibble every now and then. One time she must have forgotten about it because my mom saw Pepsi eating it. Oops!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Yup my two dogs like those Bigg Stinky Pig Ears.. I mean the more the Ear Stinks the more the Dogs love them.. Yes your right they are expensive.. Trust me there is no hiding them.. The dogs chew them up right then..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Blog Entries
    Missy was still carrying her pig ear around yesterday afternoon when our grandpuppy came. I buy one for grandpuppy too, can't show favoritism with these dogs or they will get even in some way or another. She bought it into the basement last night & then decided she wanted to spend the night outside sleeping in the cool grass so she picked up her pig ear & carried it outside. Now today it is gone, I think she buried it someplace & is waiting for it to cure more. The ears are $1.00 in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by commerical ears?

Commercial meaning they were processed with preservatives, added flavors, and/or salt.

A real pig ear is simply dried, not processed with all the other stuff.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022