Thread: The White Coates + updates

The White Coates + updates

Cam saw the vet for the first time today. She got all her cat shots & is getting spayed on the 28th!!

She would have gotten her shots & spayed a LONG time ago, but after I lost my job the vet was put on the back burner as Cam is 100% an indoor cat & shes worm & flea free, so the chances of her getting something was very low & she couldn't meet a male cat as I'm 12 stories up .. All she could do is Meow at the top of her lungs & drive us INSANE

I don't wish a cat in heat upon anyone!

The vet said she seems healthy, & she weighs 6.5lbs. Now that Trevor lives with me our living expense have dropped by 50% for both of us, so we can actually have a really really really nice life

For Cam's safety we got a small dog "Stay Away" collar. We had tried training & other methods to keep Cam AWAY from Axle but her being a cat & being able to go anywhere & everywhere the static collar was our last chance to keep her safe until we move into a 2bdr & can keep Axle behind closed doors. We're 4th on the list so hopefully we'll get the apt upgrade before the new year. I don't want to leave this building as I love it here, it actually feels like home to me... the apts are MASSIVE with full sized balcony's, massive windows, & under ground parking... Couldn't ask for better here in Toronto.

I made sure I trained Cam to understand the Collar. Trevor & I spent all night & all day to ensure she she understood it & wasn't fearing for her life while in the safe zones. So far shes doing awesome! She hasn't gotten through the barrier & doesn't even want to try. She'll sit at the edge of it wishing she could pass, but knows its best not too & goes back to playing with her toys or playing with Digi.

Like always I use the static collars on myself to ensure it is not going to harm her, but just scare her. We also wanted to make sure she wasn't going to test it out non-stop. After the first 5 times the collar went off she learned that when it beeps GET AWAY.

We feel so relieved that we no longer have to fear her getting to Axle & becoming a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    We feel so relieved that we no longer have to fear her getting to Axle & becoming a snack.
    Excellent, good for hear for learning so quickly! Better to learn that lose a paw or a tail in curious explanation!
    I've Been Frosted

We are hoping that Axle and Cam can reach a detente , and learn to share your home , and maybe become friends as many Dogs and Cats
    have learned to do on Pet Talk
    If you refer to Cam as Axle's Friend that might help, I have heard of Pet Guardians having sucess with that techinique
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    We are hoping that Axle and Cam can reach a detente , and learn to share your home , and maybe become friends as many Dogs and Cats
    have learned to do on Pet Talk
    If you refer to Cam as Axle's Friend that might help, I have heard of Pet Guardians having sucess with that techinique
    Cam = Cat (loves Digi)
    Digi = Dog (loves Cam)
    Axle = Snapping Turtle (will eat anything that goes near his water)

There is no reasoning with or training a Snapping Turtle LOL