Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a lump on Ellie...very worried....

Found a lump on Ellie...very worried....

I got a real fright when i was patting Ellie-Mae today, I found a huge lump under her right leg, I am so worried, i only hope it is from a cat bite or something or some fatty tissue, but is rather large, i just had her at the vets the other day too, nothing was noticed then by us or the vet.

We have just exhausted our finances with cat vet bills last week, but i will have to take her next week to get it checked out, she seems happy enough,not in pain and eating ok,so hoping that is a good sign there is nothing sinister going on, but lumps and large ones do concern me.

Please pray for Ellie that all will be well, thanks
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I pray that it is just a fatty lump.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Prayers for Ellie!

Is it sensitive? Is it a soft lump?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Can you gently tug on the lump and see if it moves, sort of pulls away? If so, it's more than likely a fatty lump but we'll pray for Ellie just the same.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Sending prayers your way for Ellie that this lump is something benign and she will be fine.

I'm betting it's just one of those fatty lumps that scare us so much but turn out to be nothing at all! The lack of pain is a good sign. I will be praying for your sweet girl.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My Precious had a lump like that behind her sholder and she was fine when I touched it.
    That seems to be a good indication that its benign, but it will need an operation to remove it safely.
    My Vet I believe charge about 300 dollars.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks Everyone, it is a large soft lump and moves around easily, there does not appear to be any pain with it,you can visibly see it, now that i know it is there of course,on the positive side it has just appeared like over night, i would have noticed it when i picked her up before, so surely a tumour would be small and then grow and be hard, anyhow that is what i am thinking.

She is not in discomfort, we shall have to wait until Monday, to get it checked, i don't think it is a bite and an abcess,but you can never be sure, i really need this to be AOK, i have been having a terrible time with the kitties lately,and our finances are exhausted , and i just don't like my furbabies being ill, I could not bear it if Ellie had anything serious, i just love this wee character of a kitty to bits.

Let you all know when i know, why does a fatty tissue lump have to be removed though? I am curious?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hopefully it's either a lipoma or maybe a harmless bruise. I know how scary it is to find a lump on your furbaby and go nuts wondering what it is. Hopefully the vet will easy your mind that it's benign.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I sure hope that it's nothing serious. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Oh wow Carole, it does sound like a fatty deposit to me as well, I know more about dogs than cats so please let us know how Ellie is doing on Monday when you go to the White coats

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post

Let you all know when i know, why does a fatty tissue lump have to be removed though? I am curious?
    Carole - a fatty growth doesn't have to be removed, unless it somehow interferes with the activities of the animal. Most dogs and cats tend to get these fat deposits and/or warts as they age.

Most vets just keep an eye on them and check from time to time to see if there is any change in it that would warrant the removal.

Sparky has one on his side, and it doesn't bother him in the least. His doc just checks it whenever he goes in for any other reason. Ellie's lump definitely sounds like a fatty growth.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

ok I can tell you all i am very relieved, it is an abcess,from a cat bite, there was nothing to be seen yesterday, but today a different picture has been painted,it is a biggie though and it is open ,but nothing is coming out much yet, and there is a lot to come out, i am hoping it will burst today and i can squeeze it out like i did when she had one on her face, and ring up and get some antibiotics for her.

Anyhow any advice is appreciated, if nothing happens today i will take her to the vet and get them to open it up and do what they do.

Now if it does start oozing out, and i squeeze most of it out, i guess a course of the antibiotics will suffice, i did this last time and all was well, however if you have any suggestions they will be well taken, thanks for listening, and i guess i did panic a little,but like i said nothing was at all obvious yesterday.

I should have known better Ellie is my scrapper ,she loves a good fight, even with her own daughter, or the other cats.

So fingers and all paws crossed for a good outcome, on the positive side she appears to be very well at the moment, eating, and not in discomfort and happy , i guess that could all change though.

Here she is after i bathed it for her, she was such a good girl, just lay there while i swabbed it for over half an hour, hoping it would open up, no luck so far, so looks like if it does not burst by tomorrow we shall have to make another visit to our vets,it does not look that bad in the pic really, but is very red and there is a lot of pus in there, large lump.once you have double clicked on the pic, click on the pic again and it makes it bigger and you can see better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by carole; 12-27-2009 at 03:03 AM.
    Furangels only lent.

Best wishes ellie

HI-I AM GLAD THAT ELLIE IS DOING FINE NOW. THAT PICTURE OF HER IS GORGEOUS! SO FINE!I AM HAPPY THAT THE LUMP DOESN'T SEEM DANGEROUS, OF COURSE THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENING WITH OUT CATS IS TRAUMATIC ENOUGH. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES AND KEEP THE FAITH. ELLIE-YOU ARE A SWEETHEART!SUSANSWATLIN518

Thank you Ellie is doing very well, the wound is so healed within two days there was a great improvement, now it is just a scab,she was the greatest little patient ever, yes Ellie is a sweetheart,she has so much purrsonality, i have never met a cat quite like my Ellie.she is probably my prettiest wee girl too.
    Furangels only lent.