Thread: New tricks

New tricks

I taught Jo to crawl today, she learned it so fast, I was really suprised. It still needs a little work, but for the most part shes got it. I also taught her to 'backup' on comand lol. Then I worked with zeke, and taught him speak, this heal thing...where i sit him in front of me and say heal, and wave my arm behind my back, and he walks behind me to the right, and sits beside me on the left, its a really good thing to know, I use it a lot with jo in agility. I want to teach them to balance a treat on their nose if I ever get to it...I'm not sure how to get Jo to do it seeing she OBSESSED!!! with food...

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Malone is really obsessed with his treats, too, but that works to his advantage because then he is willing to do almost anything to get that treat.

Start by holding the treat in your hand, and just generally putting it under there snout, and saying "WAIT!" If they start to go for it, close your hand, and repeat "Wait!" When they settle down and look at you, praise them and give them the treat.

After they have mastered that, put the treat on the floor, and then onto their foot. After doing this quite a bit, you should be able to move to their snout. At first just hold your hand to keep their mouth steady, and then gradually move your hand away.

Sounds like all your tricks are fun. Malone is just starting to catch on to "Paw" and "Show me your belly"

Aww thats cute! Thanks for the advice :] Jo knows 'wait' or 'leave it' now, and I can put the treat right infront of her and she won't tough it till I say, so I guess I have a good start anyway. I tried it once, but she thinks it's going near her face to be put into her mouth LOL..the ONLY right spot for it.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)