Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is on your xmas menu this year....

What is on your xmas menu this year....

Thought it might be interesting to see just how we all eat on xmas day, different cultures,different countries, different traditions, I am sure we have done this before, but hey why not again.

We here in this kiwi household will be having

Cold 98 per cent fat free Ham on the bone

Cold roasted Chicken.(maybe a small amount of Kfc For those here who love it, not me anymore though.

A variety of salad.

Hot baby Potatoes with chives.

Baby minted Peas.

Ciabatta Garlic Bread.

Drinks will be Chi for me, and grape juice white and red.

Dessert will be Pavlova with fruit and cream,and Mississippi Cheesecake from the cheesecake shop.Chocolate dipped strawberries.

After dinner mints to follow.

Pretty simple and plain really, and remember it is hot down under, well it is supposed to be. lol

So please share i will love reading your posts.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Hot baby Potatoes with chives.
    Isn't that infanticide?

------------

I am wondering.

I want to do a turkey breast with green bean casserole, a regular salad and some home made bread.

Eat up!

Are we going to 'resolute' to get fitter again this year?

Something pretty traditional at my house..

Roasted Turkey
    Whipped Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Beans
    Carrots

I think that's it.. I can't remember what I told my parents to buy lol. They asked me for a list so that they could have everything ready for me to cook it I arrive at their house late in the evening on December 24th.

You betcha we are Richard.

I plan on loosing another 6kgs next year, and if it takes me a whole year, i am fine with that,having lost 11 so far i am happy to stay maintaining for now, but the fitness side of things, i am very poor at, i hope to start swimming this year.

And you are sooo....funny.

Got to add this seem odd talking about weight issues, i brought that up sure, and fitness on a thread where we are talking about stuffing our faces lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    You betcha we are Richard.

I plan on loosing another 6kgs next year, and if it takes me a whole year, i am fine with that,having lost 11 so far i am happy to stay maintaining for now, but the fitness side of things, i am very poor at, i hope to start swimming this year.
    I am buying a bike soon!

I lost 10 pounds in three days. Food poisoning!

I think I can do it more practically in a few weeks?

There will be Christmas at my sister's on Christmas day (she lives 40 minutes from us), then Christmas II here on the 27th with the rest of the family from CT joining the crew. I can guarantee my sister will have turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, salad, asparagus and crescent rolls. There will be MANY desserts; that's my sister, and she's like a size 4!!

We'll figure out what Christmas II will be sometime closer to the date!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I like prime rib on christmas and maybe mashed potatoes and a green, simple but great.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

A buffet for approximately 20 people:

prime rib
    ham
    jumbo shrimp
    sweet potatoes
    pasta w/creamy tomato vodka sauce, chicken and sprinkled w/real bacon; it's the heart attack special
    crispy garden salad
    croissants

cheesecake
    pumpkin roll

Canal Mud (handmade candy from a local merchant)
    cashew clusters in milk chocolate
    white chocolate w/peppermint candy chips in it

egg nog
    cocoa
    open bar but not that well stocked; I prefer that people drink at home
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My husband's side of the family will be here for Christmas. We'll be cooking:

Deep fried turkey
    mashed potatoes and gravy
    dressing
    corn
    green beans
    rolls
    pies and cookies
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Christmas is always so hectic around here, that a few years ago we started with a new traditional Christmas dinner, which takes a whole lot less time in the kitchen. We go Italian.

The day before, my DIL and I make a big pan of lasagna, and also stuffed shells, so all that has to be done Christmas Day, is to pop them in the oven. Along with that we have garlic bread and a salad. There are munchies of cheese balls and various crackers, chips and dip, to eat beforehand if anyone can't wait for dinner. Pies and other baked goodies for dessert.

Doing this allows the whole family to spend more time together enjoying the day, rather than the cooks spending hours in the kitchen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I may just say screw it and stop everyone's house for Christmas.

-----------------

LOL, I want a cheeseball now!

LOVE your Italian idea Pomtzu!! We did that a few times when my kids were smaller The traditional time consuming (turkey, ham, stuffing) does not appeal to me at all. That said, my favorite SPECIAL meal is prime rib, mashed potato and green veggie (broccoli or asparagus) and salad.

This year we are going over to eat with my oldest son and his family and have crockpot chili and snacks - very simple

Interesting menus, i don't think any of us are sticking much with tradition,mind you what is tradition for me is probably different in other countries,thanks for sharing, keep posting please.
    Furangels only lent.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed View Post
    LOVE your Italian idea Pomtzu!!

This year we are going over to eat with my oldest son and his family and have crockpot chili and snacks - very simple
    And that's even easier than doing Italian. Maybe I should rethink this year's menu.....

I would, but not everyone here likes chili. Darn!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Ham, dressing, mex corn & french green beens.. possible cranberries..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>