Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not doing well

Not doing well

I'm so sorry that I'm not posting much, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather lately.

The last couple of months, I was doing so well with my new thyroid meds, I even started redecorating my appartment, something that would have been impossible for me to do before I increased the dosage of my thyroid hormones.

But two weeks ago, I got a bad gastritis, and the meds I have to take (Pantozol and MCP) make me feel strange; sort of depressive, nervous, agitated... it's really bothering me. I'm pretty sure it's coming from these meds, as the symptoms started the day I took the first pill. But my doctor thinks that I'm becoming hyperthyroid and told me to cut down the dosage of my hormones again. It's really frustrating!

At the top of it, the gastritis isn't getting better, and I'm on sick leave again (for the third time this year ). I'm facing both gastroscopy and coloscopy (yuck!), and had some blood tests done to rule out a liver or a pancreas condition. Kinda nervous about that; will get the results from the lab on Monday.

Just thought I'd let you know, in case you wondered where I've been...
    Luna and Lily are doing fine!

Kirsten

Actually I have been wondering where you have been and I am sorry to hear that. Hormone balance is such a sensitive thing- it really can make you feel very much different. Hope all your exams go well and you will be ok again.

Thanks! The worst thing about these hormonal problems is that they are so difficult to treat. One thing depends on another; and in my case, everything seems to be out of balance.

Kirsten

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. We don't really know each other but you are a cat owner/lover so we are automatic friends!

Sending you well wishes from Casey and her 4 cats.

Adjusting thyroid dosage is very tweaky and can be a pain. Just keep after that, and get the other stuff sorted out. I hope you feel better!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Sorry to her you are under the weather, Kirsten. I hope the tests will show what's wrong and you will be get the right dosage of medicine, or better avoid medicine altogether.

Get better! Fister sends headbumpies too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. At least you have two adorable kitties to cuddle up with. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

hugs and prayers for Kirsten and for Lily and Luna too.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sorry you are having such difficulties. I often wish we - human beings - were a little more like computers. A real-life "reset" switch would be handy. And I have often thought "undo" would be quite handy!

You'll be in our prayers. Glad you have the furnurses to remind you that getting out of bed IS important.
    I've Been Frosted

Sorry you're not feeling well Kristen. You will be in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

*HUGS* and *headbumps* on the way! I hope you get to feeling better.

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to read that you're not doing well. I know that when my mom was adjusting her thyroid meds, it took some time but afterwards she felt so much better. I do hope that you get things straightened out soon. In the meantime, we'll keep the prayers going for you that all will be well. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Kirsten. You've had your share of problems for sure. I hope you start feeling better soon.

The thyroid can throw you completely off and it takes a while to regulate. Once they get it right, you'll be a new person.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sorry to hear your under the weather.. Sending Lots of Huggss & Prayers.. Hope you get your meds straightened out..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Kirsten - Good Health is on the Way!

I went to see a friend in the hospital today, and I found a card that said those words - what a positive phrase!

Everything will get straightened out - I hope those meds that have those nasty side effects can be replaced with something else.

HUGS! and we're here to listen, so keep us posted.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda