Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Kitchen!

My New Kitchen!

The kitchen renovation is finally DONE!! (Well, there will be an hour’s worth of work in the morning, but heck, after all these weeks, what’s an hour, right?)

This is what the kitchen looked like on Sept 22, 2008.

The range side. Note the “fake” brick back splash and the fact that there is NOTHING at the left side of the range (no counter!).

The sink side. The cabinets were really in bad shape, had gouges in some of them especially the lower ones. The main ceiling light in front of the sink is history, as is the soffit.

How it looks now. Range side.

Sink side.

We got a new dishwasher and garbage disposal; the old ones were extremely noisy! The range and fridge will remain for now. When they get replaced, they will be white to go with the new color scheme. The range hood will have to be replaced when the range gets done. Not for a while, I hope!

Some of the tile murals. The grout is a deep blue, to coordinate with all the murals and counter top. The counter is Corian, color is Cobalt, which is a deep blue with small white flecks. We also got matching Corian switch plates, and handles for all the cabinets and drawers.
    This one is Stained Glass Fruit. I have several accent tiles as well.

This is Tuscan Window Vineyard. Again, I have a few accent tiles from this.

More to come!
    Last edited by Freedom; 11-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.

This is the lovely mural behind the range, I had rope tile installed to frame it. This is “Brillian Blue Moment, “ by Sharie Hatchett Bolhmann.

It is a scene from the Amalfi Coast, looking South.

There are also 2 unrelated accent tiles.

I’ve gained lots of counter space, under cabinet lights, and a bit more cabinet space. The ceiling lighting makes a HUGE difference to this room, which is a center room in the house with no windows to the outside. The sink has one huge bowl, just right for bathing pets, and a smaller bowl with the disposal hook up. The dogs got their baths in the “new” sink a few days ago. They fit fine, much to their dismay, lol.

More photos on the way.

A few scenes from the construction.
    Under that fake white brick, was fake RED brick!

Removing the soffit.

You can see the temporary door I had installed to keep the cats safe during all of this. They were not pleased to be confined to 4 rooms for a bit over 3 weeks. Also, the paneling at this end of the kitchen was removed and plaster walls installed. (There had been 3 different panel styles in this one little kitchen!)

Our temporary sink arrangement. Ugh, glad THAT is over with!

The NEON PINK stuff which has to go one before the plastering is applied.

Lacey was always in the midst of everything!

Just a few more photos.

The counter top on the sink side came as all one piece! You can see the hole for the sink.

When they came to install the counter tops, they first placed rugs on the kitchen floor. Lacey had to test these out, of course!

The demolition was on Sept 23rd, and we only just finished today. I am SO glad this project is over!
    Last edited by Freedom; 11-07-2008 at 08:22 PM.

Congratulations, and my sympathy to the doggies on the new sink being just the right size for b-a-t-h-e-s!

Congrats!! It looks great. I love the cabinets!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

what a gorgeous kitchen. LOVE the cabinets. the counter top really brings out the color of the wood and yoru accent tiles are so neat. really adds a personal touch to it

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

WOW, Sandie!! With all you've been up to lately, who knew you could fit in a kitchen remodel? You are so awesome!!

What a difference. It looks great. I'm a huge tile fan and you made some gorgeous choices. I love the Bichon and Kitty tiles especially. Congratulations!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Thank you so much everyone!

In this house, the kitchen is in the middle, with half the house on one side of it and half the house on the other side. So it really was a nuisance during construction, we were constantly traipsing through! NOT what you want little fluffy white dogs to be doing! They picked up EVERYTHING on their coats. For the same reason(kitchen in the middle of the house, no windows), we needed light colored cabinets to lighten up the room.

I really had to think about the dog and cat tiles. A Realtor would advise against, as the house will sell faster without that type of thing. I decided I am staying put for a LONG time, so it was alright to do those!

I've been waiting for these! I love the tiles! You did well with your choices. I think everything turned out beautiful.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Talk about an Extreme Makeover! Holy Crap!
    3 guesses, 2 don't count, where you'd always be able to find me!!!!

Gor-Jess-O!

I've been Boooo'd!

Wow, it looks great!!!! I love the back splash tiles.

I so want to remodel our kitchen and we plan to do it but I worry about what to do with seven cats.

From Decker with Love

Hip Hip Hooray!! It's done finally. Sandra that looks brilliant, so homely and comfortable. I love the new cupboards and plenty of space for cooking.
    The tuscan tiles are gorgeous, makes my kitchen look plain now!
    I adore the cat tile especially, and now you've got me thinking,, hmmm perhaps I could get paw print tiles in my kitchen? Better not tell Kevin, he'll have a heart attack, hehe

Congrats on your new kitchen, it's excellent.

It look absolutely beautiful!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Your new backsplash

Hey Sandie,

Thanks for sharing the new pics with me-- I added them to my website.. Your kitchen looks great and it was a pleasure working with you.and I love all your dogs. I have a little cat- named Pyewacket.. Love her to pieces

Alicia

http://www.AliciaTappDesigns.com
    Any image on tiles