Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We have a cat again.

We have a cat again.

Bad news and good news. First the bad. No pictures yet. We only got her last night and I can't find the bloody stinking camera. I'll get too it.

The docs have been telling my wife that she should not have animals in the house for the next few years. Then Saturday happened. We went to Staples to get some thick paper for Cindy to use for Braille. Well PetsMart is right down from Staples in the mall. I said that I was going to go down there to "visit the prisoners" while Cindy shopped. She came down after.

We were looking at the fosters that the Humane Society had. They told Cindy, while I was in the can, that they had an older cat that they did not have out. When I came back Cindy was cradling this meezer. I'm not fond of meezers, don't shoot! Well anyway they said that they had not seen this cat be settled with anyone else. They bonded in less than 5 minutes.

Now they start telling me the sad story. It's an older cat. The foster mom was out of town and had left this cat at the store for better keeping. This PetsMart has a Banfield clinic in the store. They never expected this cat to be adopted.

The previous owner, and elderly lady, had passed away suddenly. No family it seems. The neighbors were cleaning out the house and had been taking turns keeping the cat. Finally turned it over the the HAHS. That was six months back.

The neighbors thought that the cat was 8 but the vet said over 10 but had no idea how much over. Now they tell me that she has bad teeth, gets sick in the car every time, can't get up on the furniture or bed, does not play, hates other cats. I felt like what was being described was a one owner used car.

I keep saying "the cat" because the neighbors did not know the name. The foster mom had been calling her "Jaylee". Since that was no official and we it did not turn us on we changed it. What we picked it descriptive. "Cocoa".

Chocolate Siamese. Dark leggings to the body in front and to the first joint in the back. Dark face. Blue eyes. Chocolate tail. She would make Milton Hershey cry. She is gorgeous!

She quickly figured out that there are no other cats in the house. She explored twice. She walked up to me and gave one of those meows that rises sharply in pitch at the end. Typical question type meow. I put up one finger then pointed it to her and said, "just you." She rubbed the wall and started kneading floor. She was so excited. Oh, this also means that she is smarter than they gave her credit for.

I have to cut this short. I'm setting at my office desk watching the sun rise and wanting to run all the way home. I miss her already.

We have a cat again!
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

Quote Originally Posted by BigCharles View Post

She quickly figured out that there are no other cats in the house. She explored twice. She walked up to me and gave one of those meows that rises sharply in pitch at the end. Typical question type meow. I put up one finger then pointed it to her and said, "just you." She rubbed the wall and started kneading floor. She was so excited. Oh, this also means that she is smarter than they gave her credit for.

I have to cut this short. I'm setting at my office desk watching the sun rise and wanting to run all the way home. I miss her already.

We have a cat again!

You don't have a cat.

The cat has you!

Congrats and pictures? Please?

Aw, Richard is right. She's got you right where she wants you. From your description, Cocoa sounds like the perfect name. I have a meezer w/the same markings and his name is Coco Puff. I hope you have many happy years together. Can't wait to see pix.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am squeeling with delight! It sounds like a match made in heaven to me. What a smart girl Cocoa is, she knew she was at that store waiting for you to come get her and it had to be YOU! This is a wonderful GOTCHA DAY story and one I will not forget.

CONGRATULATIONS COCOA! HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

GOD BLESS YOU FOR GIVING THAT OLDER MEEZER THE LOVE AND FURREVER HOME THAT SHE NEEDS SO BADLY.YOUR KINDNESS WILL BE REPAIDMAY MANY TIMES OVER , WITH THE LOVE THAT YOUR FRIEND COCCOA WILL SHOWER ON YOU,
    AND YOU CAN FEEL THAT PRIDEAS YOU HAVE SAVED HER LIFE.
    CONCTAULATIONS ON YOUR NEW COMPANION.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The world has settled back in its axis - there's a cat in your house again! She sounds like a complete charmer, and very smart! Congratulations.

What excellent news! I can't wait to see photos of that lucky girl when you find your camera. She sounds gorgeous.

Thanks

I still miss Fifi (RB 2006) and Lamoni (RB 2007). I always will.

I'm worried about Cocoa being all alone in the new house till 10:30 tonight. Yes she is one smart chunk. I practiced with Lamoni and he taught me the language. Cocoa looks at me thinking, "How does he know all this stuff?"

Oh, she has all her "weapons" too. We won't change that. (Learned my lesson ) I'm looking for one of those rotary nail files like you see on TV. I can't wait "four to six weeks" and don't want anybody to use those old style "crimpers"

Indeed she has us. Would you be having any other way now?
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

My Cocoa Kitty approves of the new adoption and says, "Of course she's smart. She's Siamese!"
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

What wonderful news!!! Many happy years together!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Awwwww, thank you much for giving an older cat a happy forever home!! You're the best

piccies please
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Aweee such a very sweet story.. Now I would say this furrpurr baby has you wrapped right around her wittle paws.. So greatfull that your heart went out for this baby.. Congrats on the kitty having your family as a furrever home..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Congratulations on adding a beautiful Meezer girl to your house!
    I recently added two to my house, you can see their picture in my signature.
    I can't wait to see pictures of your new girl, she sounds just beautiful.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

How wonderful and congrats on the new addition. You have brightened my day by this wonderful news
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

Here are two pictures

Bad camera batteries. The shots without flash are all slightly blurred. I did not want to a face close up with flash. More pictures later.

Here is the first one.
    http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p...esKC/Cocoa.jpg

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMill".
    http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/p.../CocoaFace.jpg

I'm not up to speed on this photo bucket thing. That and I'm at home and remoted into my office computer. One thing that I do know, if you use Internet Explorer 7 then get a copy of IE7Pro. My boss at work turned me on to this thing. Spell check for my web posts is what I like best.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid