Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrissy's eye - good update!

Chrissy's eye - good update!

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if anyone remembers but I failed fostering back in the Spring and Melissa (dolittleky) let me keep Chrissy. She was born blind in both eyes and I ended up having to have the one eye taken out because it was causing infections. She was doing just fine up until this weekend, but the surgery site opened up (the surgery was back in June). I am not sure what caused it to open but I have an appointment later this afternoon for the vet to look at it. I hope that there is nothing wrong with it and they will just have to close it up again (not that I want her to have another surgery). So far she is eating, playing, and using the litter box just fine.

But please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Cheryl
    Last edited by emily_the_spoiled; 10-23-2008 at 08:06 AM. Reason: changed title

The CRew is pulling for Chrissy, we hope that every thing go es well.
    GILL & Crew;

Waiting for your return and a update.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Awww, poor Chrissy! Maybe she just wanted to be sure of a patch so she can be a pirate for Halloween?

I am hoping nothing major is wrong with her eye and if she has to have surgery again, this will be the last time. Give chrissy a kiss from me.
    Melissa

Our All Mighty Lord God Above
    Little Chrissy Has Alraedy Been Through So Much.
    Could You Touch Her With Your Gentle Hand And Make Her All Well, With The Help Of Her White Coats.
    This We Pray , Our Merciful And All Mighty Lord God Above.
    Thank You.
    The Found Cats, Porch Cats, Rescued Cats And All Of Your Servants, The Animal Angel Army.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Waiting for news about this sweetie. I hope she will be fine.

Awe.... poor Chrissy. I hope she'll be ok. I wonder why it came back open? Does it look sore or oozy? Poor little thing!

Big hugs going out to the both of you!

Well it turns out that it is infected, so she is on antibiotics for the next 9 days. The vet cleaned everything away and only a small hole had developed along the suture line. She is hoping that the hole will close up once the infection is gone.

But if that doesn't happen or the infection comes back Chrissy will have to go in for exploratory surgery to see what the problem is. Unfortunately we have no idea what caused the problem in the first place so surgery might be in her future again

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, now we just have to concentrate on getting the infection cleared up and the hole healed.

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry that little Chrissy is going through this after all else she's been through. We'll definitely add her to the prayer list and you, too. Here's some prayers right now that she'll heal quickly w/no more problems......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh I am praying that it will clear up and she won't have to have exploratory surgery. Thanks for taking such good care of her!
    melissa

You and me both, are hoping that she doesn't need more surgery.

I am just not sure what caused this four months after the actual surgery. If she was going to have a reaction it should have been at that time

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the antibiotics will clear it up and the hole seals itself, so that she will not need surgery again.

I figure that she is eating, sleeping, and playing just like before so it can't be bothering her too much I think it just bothers Mom more than her...

Poor Chrissy. I too would have thought that if she was going to have a problem it would have been closer to the time of her original surgery. Chrissy and you will be in my thoughts.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

She had the same surgery as Gracie did. Did Gracie ever have any problems with it once everything was healed up?

Oh no Cheryl.. Thats just horrible.. Poor wittle Chrissy.. Now my Buttons eye removal has healed up just great.. Sending lots of Positive Vibes & Prayers..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>