Thread: Tornado's Touch Down in NH

Tornado's Touch Down in NH

F2 tornado's touched down in the town next to mine (and the town my sister lives in). Luckily for her, they touched down about 5 miles from her house. However, I just drove by all the destruction and it's just awful. Houses are completly gone and collapsed. Tree's are snapped like toothpicks. Where there was forest, now it's just downed trees. One Grandmother died in all of this. She was holding her 3 month old Grandson when the tornado hit. The baby was found, only from its cries. The Grandfather lived because he was thrown out of the collapsing house. Tornado's just don't happen in NH.

Here is the story about the poor baby:

http://http://www.unionleader.com/ar...c-a07fdee3bcc7

Please say a prayer or a good thought for all those who lost their lives and for the family of the Grandmother. Thank you.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Hmm, the link isn't working just now.

This was all part of the horrendous 2 days of "weird weather" in the area. We had the tornado on Wednesday, less than 5 miles from my house; a super cell developed. Then the next day, you had it further up. Our weather people on TV were yelling and screaming, we just don't GET that stuff around here. They dubbed it the "weird weather" days. One weather man said in 21 years he hasn't seen anything like it here.

I am so sorry about the Grandmother: angels were watching over the baby Prayers for the family

Here is a link with a photo of our tornado when it was forming over the Bay and caused a water spout; it then moved over land and caused a lot of destruction as well.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...stPop_Emailed3

That picture is very scarey.

I've only seen one tornado in my life and that was in Cape Cod. My Niece and I were driving and we saw it off in the distance. We couldn't believe our eyes.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

no way!! That's soooooo scary!!!! Was that today??

Funny thing is, we live across the straight and we had the BEST weather today ever!! Weird!!!

Cookiebaker, the "weird weather event" (as it is now called by our local weather people on all THREE TV channels) was Wednesday and Thursday.