Thread: Ohio People: Is This Sanctuary Reputable?

Ohio People: Is This Sanctuary Reputable?

I need to know if anyone is familiar with this rescue
    http://saintfrancisanimalsanctuary.org/
    The woman that runs it has offered to fly Bear there to "live out his days"
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...wpost&t=143548
    There are approximately 50 dogs there now and this is being considered as a last resort if we can't find a foster home for him. I just learned that the guy going to college is the one that turned him in He'll be fine through the weekend but after that, the woman assisting in helping him says she's not sure after that.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I just learned that the guy going to college is the one that turned him in

And these are the people who are going to have to take care of us in our old age....guess they'll turn us into the pound, too......disgusting......I hope everything works out for Bear.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom View Post

I need to know if anyone is familiar with this rescue
    http://saintfrancisanimalsanctuary.org/

The woman that runs it has offered to fly Bear there to "live out his days"
    http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/show...wpost&t=143548
    This Shelter is west of Cleveland, Ohio - up by Lake Erie.

Seems strange that the St. Francis Shelter would be able to afford a plane ride
    for Bear ... that will cost a LOT of money which could be saved with proper
    coordination with one of the national Transport Groups.

St. Francis Animal Sanctuary *IS* shown on the IRS web site as a 501(C)3 charity.

Phred,

Actually, it's not that expensive to fly them. Delta Dash offers animal shipping for about $150. That's cheap considering the cost of fuel.

The Bear situation is perfect reason why I don't believe in adopting out to college kids. It's a cat nightmare waiting to happen.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

OMG...Val, I've actually MET Scooter, the dog in the wheelchair on their home page.
    The rescue was at a function I went to with my parent's last summer.

They had a few dogs there up for adoption!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Phred,

Actually, it's not that expensive to fly them. Delta Dash offers animal shipping for about $150. That's cheap considering the cost of fuel.
    The last time I was going to use Delta to ship a dog, the estimate I got it was going to be about $400-$450 to ship a 70 lb adult collie from NC to Buffalo, NY... this was several months ago, back in Jan/Feb I believe, I ended up not doing it beacuse of the cost...

I picked up a female adult sheltie from Delta dash for friends of mine just a couple months ago, the dog was shipped from Ohio to NC... it was roughly $230-250.... which was more than I was expecting actually!...
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!

When I shipped Lexie Joon to Dr. Kym, it was about $150. Of course I'm SURE it's alot more for dogs.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh yeah... the shipping cost is based on the total weight of the animal and the weight/size of the kennel its shipped in..
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!