Thread: Twenty year ago today....

Unhappy Twenty year ago today....

It was twenty years ago today, that I went to the shelter to adopt my first cat. I was looking at all the cages of cats, when suddenly, I felt a tap-tap on my shoulder. Reaching out of the cage, was a white tortie, called Tiger Lily. She had ran away from her home, the other cats were beating her up. The owners did not want her back!!! I asked to meet with her in the " Get Acquainted Room," where she proceed to bite me!!! I told the shelter worker, that I realized the cat was a bit stressed, and adopted her!! The next stop was a vet visit. The vet asked me if this was my first cat. I said yes. And she told me to " Take her back!!!(and we still go to the same vet)." She was not a cat for the first time owner!!! The cat came home, and renamed Miss BooBoo Kitty, Boo was my best friend and teacher until she left for the Bridge on 5/11/04, at the age of 16, from kidney disease!! Boo, you know I think about you every day, and miss you!!! Sleep softly, my sweet Boo....
    Nine is Fine!!

Awww, what a fateful day that was. BooBoo obviously WAS a great cat for a first-time owner, as she changed your life forever!
    I've Been Frosted

That is such a heartwarming story. I'm sorry she's no longer with you but I'm sure she is still with you in spirit and watches over you. Do you have a picture of your Boo?

We always remember those we loved dearly and miss. A special prayer for you today.

Boo was obviously the perfect kitty for you. She must have known that when she tapped you on the shoulder. Clever girl.

You have put a big smile on my face. What a heart-felt story.

Aw, I love that story. Those are the kitties that really steal our heart, aren't they? When I first got my Puddy 14 years ago, she was 5 weeks old and hissed at me while her little orange brother (whom I still wish I had adopted, too) bit my ankle. They're such little tigers and they bring us so much joy. Tiger Lily aka Miss Boo Boo Kitty misses you, too, you can be sure of that. What a wonderful, grand reunion you will have one day!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That Was The Way My Dear Mother Felt Sandra When We Adopted A Cat From The Shelter.
    There Was A Lottery For Three Siamese Kittens, But My Mother Asked What Cat Was On Its Last Day And We Got A Scared Scarred Tabby We Called George.
    He Was So Grateful And Was A Great Cat.
    Those Siamese Will Find A Home My Mother Said, This Cat Needs Us.
    Miss Boo Boo Kittys At The Campbell Angel Thai Spirit House Restaurant, And There Will Be A Feast For You Barry And Your Cats, Years From Now. Love And Friendship Never Truly Dies.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

How can you break my heart and make me smile at the same time?

RIP, sweet Boo. You were loved on earth, and still at the bridge.

God bless you, Sandra and Boo Angel. A sad but wonderful-memory-filled anniversary.

Hugs and purrs,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery