Thread: Advice needed concerning a guard dog

Advice needed concerning a guard dog

Last night when I returned from a walk with Tina I heard a whimperings from a dog. I looked around a managed to locate the noise coming from behind a big wooden fence. I told Tina to stay where she was (she's such a good dog, she'll always stay absolutely still til you tell her she can move) and I went to look into it. I walked over to the fence and called out softly for the dog and I heard it start yelping even louder and I tried finding a spot where I could peek into the fence. I could hear the dog move to where I was and then move somewhere else and then I saw a black nose sticking out from a small hole in the fence. I hurried over and managed to stick in a finger which the dog eagerly licked. I looked in and saw that the dog was in a small area surrounded by a net. I petted him/her for a while and then I hurried home. I told my parents about it and my mom said that it's probably the guard dog cause there's some factory store thingy there. I returned two hours later (very late in the night now) and I saw to my great despair that the dog was still there! Left totally alone in some small area to "guard" some dumb area... I haven't been there today but I can bet anything that he's/she's still there...

What should I do?! I'm a coward and I'd never have the guts to walk in to the area and ask someone about the dog, I'd rather sneak into there at night and frigging steal the dog than ask someone.

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Maybe you can call the police and ask for advice. They usually tell you what to do. Or call the animal shelter and tell them.

Usually, if the dog is properly taken care of and the owner is allowed to have a guard dog, there'll be nothing you can do.

Good luck.

Is this dog there day and night? Can you see if it has access to water?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

C.C.'s Mom, that's what I thought... It's just so sad to see that people are allowed to keep guard dogs when we have things like alarms and so on that would be so much better and humane Also, I have never heard about a Swedish shelter, while I'm sure there MUST be atleast a few of them, there are none close by where I live atleast sadly...

Rachel, yeah, from what I've seen she/he is in there all the time... I haven't been able to see if he/she has access to water though (it's such a tiny hole it's hard to see anything) but I will try to look into that.

Thanks for your advices!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Please be very careful when snooping around other's property. Today's day and age, anything can happen.