Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

This was just crazy. I feel so sorry for this young Mom.
    I think the stewardess was way out of line here.

http://www.theindychannel.com/family...16/detail.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just heard about that on the radio. that is ridiculous.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Amazing! I hope she does pursue legal action, even if only to reimburse her for her time lost and the things she needed to buy because of the delay. This flight attendant needs to look for another career. She is obviously not suited for this one.

Byuh, bye?

Well, I have to think that being around a small child - repeating one phrase for the length of a flight - does sound kinda daunting.

Of course, an overhead bin would hold a small child.

-------------

I AM KIDDING.

Again, service based jobs are the pits - especially these days.

a 'bubbly child' is parent code for- My child babbles on for hours and hours and there are times I want to strangle him. For the one thousand parents who realize that their kids are a distraction there is the one parent who's child can do no wrong, who's diapers do not smell and their wailing, screaming or bubbling isn't that bad......because they learned to tune it out a long time ago!

Matbe the kid would have shut up after the plane took off. Or maybe one of the people around the Bye Bye Kid would have complained during the flight, What does a F.A. do then?

O.K. parents, let me have it.

I think a lot of people are not cut out to deal with kids.
    Shame really......they were kids themselves once....and probably louder.
    Wom

Apparently it's not universally considered a bad idea to drug children for the sake of convenience. Babysitters get in trouble for it all the time.

I always keep good Florida airboat earplugs in my purse.

Love, Columbine

There are times Jonah repeats the same thing over and over, like last night as we drove home from the Y. He said, "mommy, we go Y" about 50 times. While it might be mildly annoying (since we had just come from there), it surely didn't make me pull over and beat him. It is a tiny blip on the road called life.

It does make me wonder if there is more to the story. I think of the low rumbling noise made in taxi-ing (how do you spell that?), the fact that she had just finished her speech (I didn't know real people still made the speech, I thought it was recorded), and it couldn't really have been going on that long. Turn a plane back? What about all the people that might have been making a tight connection?

But, even if there isn't more to this story...why is this child's conduct (can you call it conduct?) any more or less irritating than anything else that can be witnessed on a plane? The people snoring, stinking, talking loudly, taking up my seat space? All mild irritants.

As for drugging my child, I am not going to drug my child to make your life run smoother. For other reasons? Maybe, but, not for your pleasure.

I believe the article mentioned that the flight had already been delayed
    11 hours before finally boarding. But still, just because the stewardess was
    cranky she didn't have to take it out on a customer.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There are always three sides to every story. The moms version, the steward's version, and the truth.

If what the article says is the truth, the mother deserves compensation, and the flight attendant should be fired. But how often is the media 100% truthful and unbiased?

For the people annoyed:

Just throw on your iPod or favorite listeninmg device and crank it up!!! What's the problem?

For the Flight Attendant:

You need another profession, honey. You ARE Continental Express Airlines. It's all about Customer Service.

I would GLADLY welcome a kid who isn't screaming over candy, throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store, or flipping the over a cart with your 10 week old sister in the safety seat.

I have one technique that works like a charm. It's called the "HAIRY EYEBALL" and shuts 'em right up.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I sure hope she DOES take legal action. Sounds like someone's got her knickers in a knot.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I saw a clip of the kid last night on the Red Eye 'news' program.
    There were two separate scenes.

He was running around in circles by a play set outdoors and the indoors shot showed the same thing....

------------------------
    The comedian that was a guest on R.E. said the same thing that I did about parents thinking their kids aren't misbehaving.

He went a little farther. He mentioned the parent that scolds the kid a few times, then looks at the people around them, smiles and shrugs the "Kids will be kids" shrug and lets the behavior goes on.

Again, my mom had six kids, some of us were little AH's, But she never 'lost' control of us in public- that was not acceptable. We sat, we waited and we were not obnoxious.

-----------------------

"Well the kid is only two!" Yeppers, but at that time the kid should already be socialized and knows how to behave in public.

judging by the video, the parental mindset is to "let him tire himself out and he'll sleep for the rest of the trip".

Sure, let him rock and roll until someone, with less patience than the F.A. punches you or steps on your kid.

(buzzer) WRONG! Take the bus next time. that was the people can actually get to where they are going without any more delay.

--------

Moosmom.

LOLOLOL, I don't have an ipod, why?

The second confirmed case of lightning hitting an ipod wearing person was in the news yesterday....

Now if you had an ipod on a plane and lightning hit it?

Better yet, put the ipod on the kid and pray?

I'd like to know what really happened...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

If the flight was already delayed 11 hours, and the child was, indeed, 2 years old, I cannot imagine what the poor PARENT was going through, let alone the child.

Well behaved, or not, if a grown adult lost her patience- as it seems the stewardess did, why would a 2 year old be any different?

Trust me, Richard, I, and probably most people, just can't handle every situation thrown at us as a parent with the finesse your dear mother did.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I definitely can see how that would be annoying, but not enough to kick them off the plane. Of course, there are only a handful of people who know the complete story. IF what is in the article posted is the complete truth, I do believe the flight attendant was completely out of line.

Even if there is something going on with a child that is highly annoying or disruptive, the things the attendant was quoted as saying are ridiculous and completely inappropriate. There are many other, more acceptable, ways to ask someone to do something about a disruptive child. Again, IF those things did come out of the attendant's mouth, she needs to revisit the term TACT.

As for people who think their child's crap doesn't stink or that they can do no wrong (and, Richard, I work in grocery, I see that ALL THE TIME, it is very sad to think about the kinds of adults those children will turn out to be), I don't feel that it applies in this particular situation. The mother may have been more understanding about her child's annoying behavior's effect on the pleasantness of the flight if the attendant had approached her differently. Telling anyone to shut up or to shut their child up is not a peaceful approach to any situation. That phrase is almost always used in frustration and rarely leads to any good compromise or solution.

Ok, I'm shutting up, now.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer