Thread: My Poor Baby!

My Poor Baby!

Maxi and I were walking, and he was on the lead etc, etc. When suddenly he tenses and starts to whimper, now, whenever Max gets like this, it suggests that a cat is around, so I walk past the gateway as usual, trying to make him feel less insecure by me paying no attention to the cat. As I pass, I see the hairs on the cat's back stand up as it arches it back and hisses. I keep walking, when suddenly, this monstrous black thing comes hurtling towards Max and I! Maxi an I are running whilst being pursued by a cat! As I run, the cat get faster, and claws and teeth flail from the cat, towards Max's back, i get my umbrella and put it under the cat to try and dislodge it from Max's back. Eventually it lets go, (though no without a few swipes at me). And Max seemed fine when we got home, and didn't bleed (Thank god!) And now, thanks to that demented black creature, Max only lets Buddha near him (Although he has never been close to any other cat...)

Anyone else been attacked by a rogue cat before?

"If it's not a Bengal - then it's just a cat"
    "Any dog can bring happiness to a house, but a cocker is the only one which can destroy everything at the same time"

Wow! What an experience. Does this happen often? I'm glad your Max is ok.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

He is still shaky going past other cats but otherwise it's fine...

"If it's not a Bengal - then it's just a cat"
    "Any dog can bring happiness to a house, but a cocker is the only one which can destroy everything at the same time"

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaCalypsoMax
    I keep walking, when suddenly, this monstrous black thing comes hurtling towards Max and I! Maxi an I are running whilst being pursued by a cat!

I had to laugh at this, sorry. But I could just picture in my mind, a human and a dog running from a cat Of course my smile turned to a :/ when I saw it actually didn't back down! Bad kitty!!! Poor Max, not all kitties are bad guys. Glad both of you are alright. An no I must say I have never been attacked by a rogue kitty.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

"Attack Cat on Premises" sign needed on that fence!

Glad you are both OK. As long as he is fine with YOUR cat, I wouldn't worry too much.

I wasn't but my Rat Terrier was. She used to love cats before that.

It was a neighborhood cat so we had to keep an eye out for it when we left the pooch in the back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaCalypsoMax
    Anyone else been attacked by a rogue cat before?

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.