Thread: Turkey Day/How much Turkey did your cats get?

Turkey Day/How much Turkey did your cats get?

I cook a turkey breast in the crock pot and it drives the cats crazy all day.
    They are all wired up chasing each other. Eight and a half hours later the turkey is done. The cats beg by our trays. Sometimes I think they are going
    to climb right into are plates. We give them a few scraps. After Im through eating. I get a plate full of turkey for the boys and they can't believe their eyes. All this for us. 2hours later it's all gone and one of the cats is full of turkey and so sound of sleep, I had to check to see if he was alive. He lifted his head and yawned at me. As if to say leave me alone mom I had my turkey high.
    Sandy Frost

That's so cute. It reminds me of when my mom and I rescued two strays on Christmas last year. My dad found these two cats in the garage - we didn't know they were there because we rarely use the garage in the winter except to pull out the snow plow (my parents run a hotel and they also live right on site, so the garage is like a huge workshop and storage place). On Christmas eve, he came in the house and said to us, you better go to the garage right away! And there were two pretty kitties! One was very friendly and vocal, while the other was very shy and skittish. They were mom and baby - both calico. We brought them food and water and a litter box (they had been in the garage for about 3-4 days dad thought, and they had water because of a drainage system or something.. how lucky!) and then the next day we took them turkey with gravy because they were very thin and needed some good protein (the only food we had was weight control). They sure loved their Christmas feast! They ate up the rest of the leftovers! After the new year, when my mom had checked around for two missing cats posters and no one claimed them, we kept them. Patches, the mom, was spayed and friendly so we knew she had lived with people. Punkin, the kitten (about 5-6 months at that time) was very skittish. We think that whoever had them might have moved or something because the mom had been spayed so they obviously cared enough about that, but it's a really small town and if they moved far away they might not have known when or how they lost them. Anyway, it was a great gain for us! They are precious!

no turkey for us, we had ham instead...yum!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I had a large thanksgiving dinner, for free, but it was given at one of the local restaurants in town. (I did leave a donation, however). My cats were going crazy over some chicken I had stewing in a crock pot, not to mention the pizza I had yesterday. I think that they love the pizza more than any other food I eat around this place. I constantly have to fight them off. Finding that feeding them with some cat food that they really like helps in their aggression toward my meals.

...........wayne

How much turkey did your cat(s) get?

As much as he wanted, since it's good for him ! He's too skinny anyway, and turkey is good protein. And he LOVES IT! He usually takes a place at the dinner table anyway, and does that cute little head-tipped-all-the-way-to-the-side thing while staring at our food. We gave him lots of yummy scraps. In fact, I didn't clear the table right away after dinner (nothing new around here, LOL), and after a few minutes I heard his tag clinking against a plate - sure enough, he was enjoying more turkey and gravy while standing on the chair.

You know, that reminds me of my RB girl kitty - she knew she wasn't allowed completely on the table, but could sit in a chair next to the table and sometimes place her front paws on it. If something was on the table far from her, she would keep her back feet on the chair alright, but stretch her entire torso across the table as far as she could - you couldn't help but laugh since she was technically obeying the "rules".
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Re: How much turkey did your cat(s) get?

Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
    she would keep her back feet on the chair alright, but stretch her entire torso across the table as far as she could
    This is what we call "telescope cat". Incredible how long they can be

Moby, Diva and Bosun bummed some turkey off me while I ate, then I made up some plates for them. The only cat that didn't go nuts was my foster Spliffy. She's weird; she doesn't like catnip either.

I went to my friend's house for Thanksgiving and brought home leftovers. I cut up a little for everybody and they each got their own little plate, although Maya, the little HOOVER that she is, scarfed hers down then made the rounds to everyone else's plate. I should've named her Miss Piggy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Turkey for the lost cats

I am not much of a cook , so I bought one of those turkey in a box kits , all you have to do is put it in the oven and heat. i always know what the meal is going to be like when I see the number of cats waitng in front of the stove, well athe the appointed time 10 of the 14 wre there, and when I opened the container it was very fragrant , and I had to fight my way to the table. It was too good as the cats would gobble thier portions and thwen meeeeow for more, and out of the 1 . 5 lbs I got about 7 ozs. But I was glad that they liked it , and it was cheaper than deli turkey , thier other favorite, now I have stuffed kittys , all purrrring away.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS