Thread: Help

Help

Hello My Name Is Terry I Am Getting A Dog I Am 16 What Breed Do You Think I Should Get Oh By The Way Dont Ask Abouth The Whole Parrotfreak Thing Parrots Are Just My Favorite Animals Ok

We'll need a bit more information to figure out what breeds you would match well with!

Here are a few things to answer for us

- What is the main reason you would like a dog?
    - What kind of energy level are you looking for?
    - Do you prefer smooth or rough coats?
    - How much would you be willing to excersise your dog, and what would you do to excersise?
    - Would you want a dog to place into any sports like agility, flyball...

Also - before looking for a BREEDER, please check out local shelters and rescues!!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Yes we need more info. At this point I'm inclined to say don't get a dog though if it is going to be your dog and not the family dog. In two years from now you may be going to college or finding your own place to live.
    You won't be bringing the dog to college and finding a place can be easier without a dog, you can get the dog when you are settled in life. My one mistake was getting a dog at 14. I'm now in my last year of college and looking for a career and I just don't have much time for a dog. Thankfully my mom loves dogs and takes care of her.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton