Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright - one more. :)

Alright - one more. :)

Hi everybody -

I know it's been a while. We've had a busy past few weeks, so I haven't had much time to get on here. Let me just say this first: YAY ST. LOUIS CARDINALS!

Anyway, 2 weeks ago, we went nuts and we adopted a 6th kitty. We are drawing the line at 6, but it seems like 6 is better than 5 for harmony among the kitties in our house. I don't know why, but ever since Bryan's arrival, things have gotten better among the older 3 (Bailey, Leila and Claudia) and the younger 2 (Vincent & Mikey). I'm not saying that all of them get along well all the time, but it's improved since Bryan came home with us. Here's the story:

Bryan is an almost 8-month-old (DOB somewhere around 11/6/06) light orange tabby kitty with medium-hair and a fluffy tail that we adopted two weeks ago, from the same rescue group that we adopted Vincent and Mikey from - he was one of several we were trying to decide between when we adopted Vincent & Mikey, but we didn't take him initially b/c he and his brother were there together and we didn't want to break them up. However, Brandon, his brother, got adopted and he was still there - we visited him many times, and we couldn't stop thinking of him. We decided to take him home on Oct. 20, and he's doing very well - he's a laid-back kitty, very talkative, and sweet. He plays and wrestles with Vincent & Mikey, and he doesn't mess with the older ones too much - it's like he knows that they need their space.

Anyway, I will be getting pics on Imagestation and loaded on here soon - I just got a bunch of digital ones from the video camera on the computer desktop tonight, so hopefully I will finish the job and get some on here!

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

WOW it has been a while hasn't it. Good to see you back and congratulations on your newest addition. Yes 6 is good. A nice even number.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the Bryan. He sounds adorable.
    Glad to hear that everyone is basically getting along well.
    I also have 6 cats, plus 1 foster now, with her baby, and like yours, there are days where they don't all get along either. After all, like us, they have their good days and bad.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I can't wait for pictures... Are they there yet?

Congratulations on the new baby in the house. Six is a great number!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Congrats on your newest addition!!! Yes, I agree that 6 is a good number and I've also noticed a big difference for the better. Bryan sure sounds like a sweetheart and adorable too. I can't wait to see his pictures.

WOO HOO!! A heartly congratulations on #6! But now your wonderful new siggy is ALREADY out of date....LOL LOL!

Hey, welcome to the Club of 6! Six is a lot of fun, glad to hear they are all getting along well!

I had 6 for, um, a few months. I worry about the homeless ones so much I signed up to foster. Had my first foster half an hour and . . . well, I moved on from the Club of 6, ha ha. AND took my name off the foster list. I was doing fine with 6. With 7, I have started mixing up names!

Bryan certainly settled in quickly, ah, youth, nothing bothers them! It is all one big game with lots of friends to tumble about. Hope for pics soon!

Congratulations on #6!!! I remember when that was all I had....I think I remember those peaceful days.

Six is a good number and he sounds like a wonderful kitty. I'm glad he was lucky and found you.

Congrats!!!! Your numbers have gone up quickly. I better not make too much fun, I currently have a couple of rescues that may make me eat my words.

I can't wait to see pictures.

From Decker with Love

Congratulations! I can't wait for the pics!

I believe that my Cat Number 6 was a very Lucky Adoption cat as well.
    The Amazing Juke Joint Joseph, the love of HH Lady Edwina Rose, and that I believe was a deacde ago.
    Oh My God, I missed JJJ3s Anniversary.
    I better get out his Temptations and ask his forgiveness.

Good Luck with Lord Bryan!!
    A great Addition to your Clowder.
    Careful as adding Cats can be addictive.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hello!

Thanks to you all for your support as we go nuts and adopt more kitties. I will post some pics probably tomorrow, as I was having issues with my Internet being kind of slow while uploading (we have high-speed cable Internet, but sometimes it's a little flaky on our wireless laptop, which is what we're usually using, rather than being isolated in the office)...

Anyway, it's late and I'm off to bed b/c I have work in a few hours, but I'll post some pics ASAP!

-- Albert Schweitzer --

First of all: CONGRATS TO THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS !!!!(they also played the finals in 1984 didn't they? We were living in St.Louis then!!)

Congrats on the new kitty too!! What a great name! makes me thing about "For the love of Brian"
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

so many beautiful cats!

this forum really inspires me to get another cat, we are moving to a farmhouse soon with more land and less roads! so can't wait to go to the nearest shelter.... how many cats can i get before i am know as the nutty catwoman?

xxx

OK, here are some pics of Bryan:

These are from just a few days after he came home with us:

This was from Saturday, when he was glad the LSU Tigers won:

As you'll see when I post pics of multiple cats, Bryan gets along well with Vincent & Mikey for sure.

-- Albert Schweitzer --

He sure is handsome. I can't wait to see more.