Thread: Heated cat bed ?

Heated cat bed ?

Hi, everyone. I just found this site, and I think it is great. I have a cat (Smokey) that stays out side. He lives in the garage, and in the day time, he comes and goes as he pleases. At night, I shut the door. This winter, he will only have heat, when Hubby works in there. I have looked at many heated cat beds on the net, but I am not sure what is the best one. Do any of you have them? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Smokey will have a much happier, healthier life, and a longer life, if he is indoors. Domesticated cats are not suited to life outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Smokey will have a much happier, healthier life, and a longer life, if he is indoors. Domesticated cats are not suited to life outdoors.

Freedom, Yes I agree, but I am not the only one who lives in this house. If I had my way, he would be inside. I think he has a better life with me, than he would other wise had. I had him fixed, shots, and flea meds. I rescued him, now don't you think he is better off? I love him and he knows it. He has everything he needs, I make sure of that. He was in a small cage with 3 others, I would have loved to got all 4, but I knew I could not. Thanks for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaWV
    Freedom, Yes I agree, but I am not the only one who lives in this house. If I had my way, he would be inside. I think he has a better life with me, than he would other wise had. I had him fixed, shots, and flea meds. I rescued him, now don't you think he is better off? I love him and he knows it. He has everything he needs, I make sure of that. He was in a small cage with 3 others, I would have loved to got all 4, but I knew I could not. Thanks for your concern.

I see that you had him neutered, feed him well, and also made sure he had vaccinations as well as flea medication.

I think what you are doing is great! You are certainly treating him better than most stray cats get treated.

While yes it's true indoor cats live longer, you can't control that everyone in your house doesn't want a cat inside. Don't worry about it, you are doing what you can for him, so he's not breeding and adding to the cat over population, and with his vaccinations he's not spreading kitty diseases. I'm sure he's very lucky to have a human like you caring for him!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

There's this product that is a disk that you microwave for 3 minutes, then it stays hot for 8 hours. If you put that under some blankets, that will help. The cover of a large covered litter box, with the disk and blankets, will make a nice shelter for the kitty.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

They are called Snuggle Safe, available at most pet supplies stores and on line at DrFosterSmith.com. Around $20 and last forever!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder
    There's this product that is a disk that you microwave for 3 minutes, then it stays hot for 8 hours. If you put that under some blankets, that will help. The cover of a large covered litter box, with the disk and blankets, will make a nice shelter for the kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by mruffruff
    They are called Snuggle Safe, available at most pet supplies stores and on line at DrFosterSmith.com. Around $20 and last forever!

We use those disks at our hospital. They work great, and the cover is nice and soft for them to snuggle on.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Thanks guys for your help. I am going to petsmart this weekend and will see if they have them, if not I will check the web site.

Sorry I posted my first post in the wrong forum. I will do better.

Have a great everning