Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Gertie!

Hi Gertie!

We can barely type this morning after reading your story little girl. Tears of sadness are flooding the keyboard. What a horrible life you had. How can anyone be that insensitive and cruel to such loving little doggies? We hope that former owner gets it back one hundred times over May your Mom Rest in Peace Thank goodness you were saved and have found your forever family now sweetheart. Nothing bad will ever happen to you again. No little baby is more deserving than you are to be our illustrious DOTD, Miss Gertie!! Please have the family give you a billion extra kisses from us to celebrate this honor. Enjoy your day in the limelight sweetie!! We wish we could help you celebrate there in person. Happiness to you and your wonderful family, always!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah in Sunny Florida

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Daisy and Delilah I had the same reaction. I almost didn't want you to read about little Gertie because I knew it would upset you so. It is too sad to even imagine. Gertie, thank God that you are loved for the special little girl that you are, and will be treated with adoration and respect for the rest of your life. Tummy rubs and spooning! What a wonderful thing to read!! Enjoy your day as Top Dog - little Gertie, our sweet Sunday Dog of the Day.

Oh Baby Gertie.

When I looked into your Big ,Brown and Beautiful eyes this morning , I was stunned by reading your story.

But, you are doing so much Better now~~~~having been placed in a home where LOVE and PATIENCE rescued you from your tormented past.

You are a Gorgious Chihuahua Dog, and,

You are such a Sweetheart~~~~ Gertie~~~ Such a Beautiful "Dog of the Day"

Hi, Gertie! What a sweet-looking little girl you are! I'm so happy for you that you have found a loving home after a rocky start in life. It is amazing what love can do. Enjoy your special day. Congrats on DOTD!

Gertie

I am constantly amazed by how cruel people can be to pets. After what happened to her Mom, Gertie should have all the belly rubs she needs. I think the doggie gods were looking out for Gertie when they sent her to you.

God bless you all.

Susie

Gertie...It brakes my heart at what was done to you. I can not understand people that would do that to an animal. We need stronger law for animal cruelty. I think that you are very beautiful. I would love to have you for my own. I am very happy that you now have a family that loves you very much and are taking very good care of you. I hope you and your family will have a long and wonderful life together. Mommy give her lots of kisses and hugs from me.
    A Dog Lover
    LHCamry

You are a sweet and cuddly li'l girl! It was hard at first b/c the world wasn't a good place. One day you'll see your beloved mamma again at the bridge. Humans can be so unkind. But there are some of us, (like your people), who will not abandon doggies for any reason. We're in it for the long haul. Because we know what love can do! *wink* Congratulations, Gertie! Dog Of The Day!!!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Gertie

When I saw your picture, I thought, "Oh, no. Cuteness overload". Or as Yogi Berra says, "It's deja vu, all over again". THEN I read your story. Words are inadequate to describe the sadness MOST humans feel when they learn about stories like yours. MOST of us would never, ever, be so cruel!!! What were they thinking??? That freezing to death wasn't so awful??? It's preaching to the choir here, but spay and neuter programs are so important. Well ... now that I've calmed down a bit ...

Thanks to your foster family for the love and care that they were consistently willing to provide. BIG, BIG, thanks to your forever family, for the gentle, compassionate, loving home, you now have. Your true, inner spirit was nurtured and now blossoms. And last but not least ... you've given us a new aerobic exercise!!! I would love to see you jogging on the couch as you aerobicize your little sweater off!!! Too cute. Happy DOTD to you, sweetie!!!
    Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves for we shall never cease to be amused. Anonymous.

I can only echo the outrage of my fellow posters after reading your heartwrenching story, sweet baby girl. Oh, what a brave little soul you were sweetheart, enduring and surviving such unimaginable abuse and neglect. My heart breaks thinking of the unconscionable cruetly you and your furmommy suffered at the hands of such monsters Thankfully you are now in the loving care of the best forever family and for all the days of your life will know nothing but comfort and unconditional love. And your furmom, well she's one of the Rainbow Bridge's most beloved furangels, for sure. If ever there was a doggie deserving of the title Dog of the Day, it's you precious Gertie!!! It never ceases to amaze me, the incredible resiliancy of our furkids, their ability to bounce, to learn to love and trust again! You're my hero! Enjoy your day of honor sweet baby girl and every day of your wonderful life! Hugs and kisses to you precious Gertie, our most courageous, EXTRA special Sunday Dog of the Day!

Congrats! I think tou have a very big spirit in a small doggy body Enjoy your special day!

Hello Gertie,

What a sad story of how you were found. You must have an incredible
    inner strength to have not lost hope in humans sweetie. I am so happy that
    your loving family took the time & patience to help you feel real love and
    caring.Happy congratulations on being honored as our very deserving &
    beautiful DOG OF THE DAY. Hugs , kisses & cuddles sweet girl.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello Gertie, You are a beautiful little girl!!! You and your family are very lucky to be together always now!!!!Little chihuahuas like you are very special!!!!! My chihuahua Chica warms my heart every day!!!! Just like you do for your family!!!!

Oh Gertie, I was in a hurry this morning, but I was very touched by your beautiful and soulful face. Now, that I have read your story I am amazed at your strength and ability to trust again. I am so happy to hear that you have found such a loving and patient family to play with and get belly rubs from and a fur-sib to lie with "spoon" style. I hope you are enjoying your very special day, pretty girl. Big hugs and kisses to you.

We must come back to look at your picture sweetie. We can't get your story off our minds. It's been bothering us all day. We were so upset this morning that we forgot to tell you how cute you are. We wanted to be sure to tell you how adorable that little facie is. More kisses and hugs doll face!!

Love, Daisy and Delilah

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Gertie is blessed and her person is too

Dear Gertie and Person, your story has touched my heart today. I am sure Gertie's Mom will meet us all on the Rainbow Bridge. Gertie had a rough start but I am so glad she is now with a family where she gets the love and care she deserves. I hope she gets to wear her sweater and take a nice walk on this autumn Sunday! Best wishes, Gertie and family!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678