Thread: loss of a friend

Unhappy loss of a friend

On Weds. of this weak our cat Fluffy was hit by a car. She was gone right away and I felt horrible. I think I cried more than my kids. She would sleep on my pillow at night and need to be picked up and cuddled throughout the day. I miss her terribly after only 3 days without her. I thought I was being a big baby, but I read some other threads and know that it is alright to grieve for her. Thank you for listening. I thought this might help me stop crying and just remember her and tell others how I felt about her. Thanks.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm so sorry that your first post to Pet Talk was on the loss of Fluffy. That is how/why I joined Pet Talk too over three years ago when my Goldie died from liver cancer. It's so painful. Everyone grieves differently. Many of us here on PT have been there and share your grief. Go ahead and cry for as long as you need to. We're here for you. Fluffy is now at the Rainbow Bridge - probably playing with my Goldie and all the other kitties who have crossed over.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I am so sorry to hear of the tragic death of Fluffy. I know firsthand how bad it hurts. May you be comforted in time with happier memories.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I was suprised how hard it hit me too. I joined PT right after Kuhio died. Everyone here understand what you're going through. When you're up to it, we'd love to hear more about Fluffy and we love photos.

Rest in peace, sweet Fluffy. Until you're reunited again....
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I welcome you to Pet Talk on this very sad occasion.

Oh gosh, what a terrible way to lose a beloved pet. I am so sorry.

How we feel your grief as many of us have lost a pet one way or another.

May you find comfort in the treasured memories of your sweet Fluffy and help you overcome the pain.

Fluffy was part of your family. You are not being a big baby. It is only normal for you to grieve for her.

Rest in Peace dear Fluffy and have fun on the RB with others that have gone before you.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Talking

I just wish that people were not in such a big hurry that they cant watch out for Our Pets.
    Fluffy misses you, and says dont worry shes An Pet Angel.
    She will have fun, and will see her Guardians again.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you are feeling. It is now just over two weeks since I lost my little girl Shiraz to a car and I miss her just as much now as I did when it happened. The tears are lessening now as the horrible memories of the day of when we found her are being overtaken by the fun and joy she gave me in the two years we had her. Hopefully Fluffy has made friends with Shiraz and they are playing together in RB.

I'm sorry for your tragic loss. Awwww Fluffy, you will be missed!!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Unhappy Oh my Goodness!

That is horrible for you and i feel for you deep indide. Once My dog got hit and she lived but sadly cats never live through a car hitting. But now she has no pain and is free in a better place with no cars at all. Do feel better and understand that theses things happen!
    I'm Cool like that Ur Cool like that Not that guy over there though

^ ^
    Oo
    >*<
    (_)(_)

thank you

thank you to you all that have wrote. I am a little better now, though it's only been a week. I am comforted a little by the fact that I was home and ran right out, so I was actually with her when she died. When I think that it makes me feel a little better-as last year the same thing happened to our other cat and we just found him in the morning. Fluffy was my baby and I think it helped to tell you all how I felt. thanks again for all you kindness.

RIP Fluffy

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I also joined Pet Talk about a month ago over the loss of our little boy Leo. It has helped me so much to hear from others who have lost their little furry family members and that its OK to grieve for them because they were a part of our families. I still have bad days when I think about our little Leo and how empty our house is without him. Rest assured all our little kitties are now playing hard at the Rainbow Bridge.

Unhappy So sorry about Fluffy!

I cried when I read about your sweet Fluffy. It is normal to grieve. I am still grieving my dear Ashly. May Ashly find him at the Rainbow Bridge. Ashly was the type of cat that was always protective of the others. May he be doing the same with Fluffy.

I am glad that it was quick, and he didn't suffer. My heart goes out to you.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how terribly it hurts to lose a precious pet .... I still grieve so much for my kitty, my baby Tucker Man, and others that I have lost as well. I don't think the pain ever really goes away, but it becomes more bearable with time.

I'm glad you came to us here at PT for support. I hope you will stick around and look forward to happier times!

Hugs,
    Kim

So sorry to hear about the loss of Fluffy. It's normal to grieve for our kitties (and other pets, of course), as they are members of the family! It doesn't necessarily get easier with time, but hopefully now that some time has passed, you can be thinking of all the good times with Fluffy. RIP, sweet Fluffy.

Thanks to krazyaboutkatz for the cute avatar and wolf_Q for the cute siggy!

Rest in Peace, sweet Leo. You are sorely missed!
    Since I last posted, we have another new addition - Tabitha, as of fall 2008.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life -- music and cats."
    -- Albert Schweitzer --
    (Never has there been a more accurate statement!)

Rest in Peace Dear Fluffy

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix