Thread: I'm a little sad.......

Hybrid View

I'm a little sad.......

Rob and I have been discussing adding a second furball to our family. Nakita really needs a friend and I'm sure she would love a playmate.

So I've been looking through our local cat rescue and came across this adorable kitten....Jane Austen. Here's the link...just scroll down to the end of the page...Jane Austen. I just fell in love with her the minute I saw her (of course look at all the other cuties on the page...especially the orange kittens ).

So, I've been debating on whether to call and ask about her. We are continuing our home renovations and I'm worried that Nakita would not get along with her. Nakita has no experience with other cats up until now.

This morning I woke up and heard a kitten meowing it's little head off right under my window! I've barely seen a cat around here never mind a kitten. So I go running to the window and you wouldn't believe it.....this kitten looks exactly like Jane Austen!! It looked to be around 3/4 months old and is running all around meowing.

So I go scrambling to get some jeans on and I grabbed some dry food and some water. By the time I went out the kitten was gone. All morning I've been outside looking for it and what worries me is that we live on a very busy road with lots of traffic.

Was this fate? Then why can't I find this kitten. So now I'm just a little sad because it felt like fate seeing this kitten outside my window and now *poof* it disappeared.

Hope it's safe...
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

oh yes - I can sure feel your sadness here But, chances are good that this baby is still around. Maybe some nice stinky food left nearby would lure her back.
    (((HUGS)))) to you - will check back to hear any news.

Debbie's right. Maybe a little stinky kitten food might be in order. Fate has a funny way of tugging at our heart strings.

I hope you can get her, RB. Keep us posted!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Sounds like it was a sign that you should continue with your plan to expand your family. What are the odds that a kitty that looked like the kitty you were thinking of would just happen to be around your house today? Too many coincidences for me. If *poof* kitty doesn't materialize again in the next day or so, I would definitely go check out Jane Austin at the shelter.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

It's the kitten season, and unfortunately there are too many kittens everywhere I hope you see her back, or may be someone else rescued her aready.

It's a good idea to extend your family. I hesitated a lot with Peppito, who does not tolerate well other animals and is extremely jealous. But he is really happy now with Jasmine. They don't sleep very close to each other, but they like the company of each other, they play a lot, they run together through the house. And it makes the time shorter when they are alone at home. Sometimes Peppito even surprises me licking Jasmine's head or going sleeping in the same bed! He is like a gentle big brother for her.

Don't be sad. You two have been nudged into opening your hearts to another kitty- one way or another. Chances are good- with a proper introducion- that Nakita will take up with another kitty. My RB Tex was 4ish when we adopted Georgia. They were the bestest of friends, and no one touched that relationship- not any of the next 6 that came after Georgie.

Good luck finding the little kitty for you- outside your window, or at the shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Sounds like it was a sign that you should continue with your plan to expand your family. What are the odds that a kitty that looked like the kitty you were thinking of would just happen to be around your house today? Too many coincidences for me. If *poof* kitty doesn't materialize again in the next day or so, I would definitely go check out Jane Austin at the shelter.
    That's exactly what I thought. What are the chances? I've been here now 4 years and I have never seen a kitten. But, the moment I start to seriously think about extending the family a kitten, that looks exactly like the one I wanted from the shelter, appears under my window? That threw me for a loop this morning.

Plus, I was thinking that someone even may have dropped off the kitten in this area. The kitten was running around frantically and meowing its head off as if it was dropped into a strange area.

I left food out there, but no sign of the kitten. I just want him/her to be safe. Of course I'll keep everyone updated.
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

It's definitely a sign!

Try putting out the real stinky stuff. Sardines or Tuna.

When Logan reappeared he'd go missing a few days at a time before I was finally able to catch him.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Jane Austen is ADORABLE! And I sure hope it works out for either her or the little one outside your window. Don't know how you can ignore a sign like that.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I think the little kitty outside came to tell you, go and get Jane Austin ... or how about the two orangies, Parnassious and Monarch? I personally fell in love with Liberty, but I see Donna wants Justice, so she'll have to take Liberty too.

The kitty outside may have a home. Hopefully, he'll be home and OK now! However, if you do see him again, grab him!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.