Thread: Introducing Neelx to Sirocco!

Introducing Neelx to Sirocco!

Hello, everybody! Yesterday was the D-day!! Some of you may know that I am moving in to a new apartment and I could at last bring in my two cats!! They didn't know each other, for I adopted Neelix only a month ago (by then, I already knew I was moving!) and I couldn't take him in my old flat, so my boyfriend took him over for that period (they're best friends now )

So yesterday's evening I finally had them in my apartment - and no hissing has been heard since then I was prepared for a rough time trying to separate them and, though they aren't best pals (yet ) they just stared and eventually, ignored each other. They even slept in the same bed (with me ) but by different sides, of course There are moment in which Neelix seems a bit afraid of Sirocco, but then I don't really know if that's because he's scared of him, or that he's not used to his new house yet. On the other hand, Siro is a bit aggresive sometimes but they haven't fight at all!

And, now, as ever, could you please tell me your opinions about this? Are they doing great or maybe they'll start to fight later on??

Thank you for your comments!!

Nita

Nita, I'd say that they will probably get along with each other very well, because if they have not started to fight by now, it is unlikely that they will do so in the future.

...........wayne

I agree with Wayne, keep an eye on them, but in my experience the worse fights are in the beginning.

I'm pleased it's working out for you!

Yippie!!! Great news. I'm so pleased for you!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Thank you for your posts! They're doing fine, slowly but fine! I'm so relieved that they're getting along well, though I had the feeling it should be so, for Siro and Neelix are calm and nice. I'm talking about the same feeling you have about two people you know and you think would get along great - and this is the typical thought from someone crazy about cats, isn't it? Just thinking about her cats as if they were human!!

I have the whole weekend to devote to my lovely kids, to watch their progress and play with them - surely it helps creating a bond between them !?

Nita

That is so great Sirocco !!!
    If they did not fight the first day , they will probably get along fine , maybe even be the best of friends !!!!!
    Good luck in your new apartment !!!!!!!!!!!

So good to hear everything is going well after all the agonizing you went through over what to do, and the move, and everything. But sounds like they'll be best buddies in no time and you'll have a happy little home!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It sounds like your cats are going to be best friends. That's great. I have three male cats and they are also best friends. This really makes life much easier. Good luck with your cats and in your new apartment.

I'm very happy for you, that is great that your cats get along well.
    How old are they? beware of when one/both reach about 10 months of age, it seems thats when there can be some problem, but not with all cats. Good luck and I'm glad it worked out well for you, you have picked out 2 compatable cats!

Originally posted by toughCookie
    beware of when one/both reach about 10 months of age, it seems thats when there can be some problem,
    Is that like the kitty version of the terrible twos?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by sirocco
    and this is the typical thought from someone crazy about cats, isn't it? Just thinking about her cats as if they were human!!

Nita

A dog is a dog,
    A bird is a bird,
    And a cat is a person.
    -quote by Mugsy Peabody, an American writer

Sounds like everything is going well!

I'm a little behind, but I hope Sirocco and Neelix is still doing fine!! Anxious to know how they're behaving! I bet they get on well though, the start seemed very fine!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.