Thread: Does your pet have a sixth sense?

Does your pet have a sixth sense?

I don't know if it's a sixth sense, but Smudge can tell if I'm sick or just feeling lousy. Maybe it's just the change in my behavior or I smell different, but he's extra snuggly, checking in with me frequently with a purr and a little kiss when I'm awake, and cuddling me in bed.

Love, Columbine

My Taz did the same thing. He knew when I was sad, mad or sick and would stick right close to me. I don't notice this so much with Paizly or Jax though.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cassie does the same thing. If I am sick, or very sad, she'll stay close to me.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes, Storm does this. We've formed a very strong bond through the years and he's also my kitty too.

It is hard to tell if my dogs have a 6th sense or not, though they do seem to read my emotions often. For example, whenever sound frustrated at something, my golden retriever will react.

6. Kirby is such a corn ball that its hard to tell if he has a 6th sense or not. hes always doing stuff that makes me laugh regardless of my mood or how im feeling.

he can sense when when its time for bed though LOL

Arthur certainly knows - been suffering for a week now from a bad back and he has been trotting calmly by my side without pulling on his lead. Even waits for me on the stairs - not bad for a dog who has only been with me 5 weeks
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Maybe this isn't as much a sixth sense sort of thing, but we once had a greyhound named Gracie who would not leave my mom alone one night, kept nudging her to go outside, but didn't step foot out there.

In the morning, we found out that one of our cars had been broken into. Pretty sure Grace knew it was going to happen.

My cat, Sophie, is like glue to me when I'm sick, or feeling depressed. She and I are bonded very close and she's just the sweetest little thing. She has to have her paw on me and be very close to me just to sleep at night. I love that feeling!

My cat Calloway, I swear he knows when I'm supposed to get up!! He's like my alarm clock. It hits 4:30AM and MRROWWWWWWW!!!!! Lady get up!!! You're gonna be late for work!! He won't stop till I get up!!

Beenie seems to know when I need an extra snuggle.

Blog Entries

Yes

It might sound wierd but yes, Mozart was a siamese cat that owned me once and he seemed to know everything. He had 4 other adopted cats to groom and look after and micromanage and he always kept on top of everyone,literally. I swear he could read my mind. Anytime I was ill he would sleep on my chest 'till i felt better. If I had a headache he would sleep on my head. I will nominate Mozart one day. One of the finest cats in the world that ever lived. Right up there for sure.

Oh yeah. Spunky and I are tuned to each other.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)