Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Hi, everyone!
    My kitten, Charlie (7 mos. old) has recently started not covering up after using the litter box. I don't understand because when I got him (just over one month ago), he was doing everything properly. This behavior has been going on for about two weeks, and yesterday I caught him peeing in the bathroom sink! I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this...
    Any suggestions?

Pam had a similar problem with her cat Annabelle. You may want to browse the topic "I need advice!" in this forum.

It may be that Charlie just needs some re-training. Each time he doesn't cover and bury you might want to grab his front paws with your hands and simulate what he should be doing. Do you discipline him when he poops or pees places in places not meant for such activities?

...let us know how you go...

Hi, Troy
    Thanks for your advice. I'll try that the next time he doesn't cover up. By the way, this morning he DID cover up his poop (go figure!) I gave him lots of praise-hopefully he'll get the picture.
    I did discipline Charlie when I found him peeing in the sink. I gave him a sharp "NO", then picked him up and put him in the litter box. He knows the meaning of the word NO, and when I say it, he usually stops whatever he is doing. Usually.
    He has an appointment for a checkup(and shots-he's gonna love that!) on Saturday, January 20, so I'll be sure to mention what has been going on.
    Thanks again for writing. Be well.

How goes the little Charlie-monster ?

Hi-
    The little monster is doing very well, thanks. Getting into everything, as kitties do.
    He has started covering his deposits again. (I wonder if he knows I was talking about him behind his back??) I didn't even get a chance to do anything-he just decided to start being good again. I suppose it's a cat's prerogative to keep humans guessing, right?
    Now he has moved on to bigger and better things, like hanging off my plants. This is another thing that he just started doing. (I'm hoping it's just the full moon.) All I can say is, he's lucky that he's cute and that I love him.
    Hey-Charlie looks just like today's cat of the day, Bear(a real cutie!). I have to take a decent picture of His Royal Highness to submit to this site.
    Thanks again for your help.