Thread: Chief needs a home

Chief needs a home

Hi,
    We have a dog that needs a home with someone that can give him lots of love and attention. Chief is a 5 years old 1/2 black lab and 1/2 german shepard, healthy as a horse. Our son grew up and left home for college and now Chief is all alone and bored. He loves to play with children and wouldn't hurt a flea, but there's no one for him to play with here in town. Can you help him?
    We will consult with anyone interested, and set up delivery of him to his new home within reasonable distance at our expense. Otherwise, we will meet the right person at the right place to place Chief in the right home.
    PM me at any time.
    Thank you from my heart, and Chief's.
    Cats rule; dogs drool!

At this age, Chief requires less time and attention than he did when he was younger. Was your son the only one that gave Chief attention, love, affection? Just being in the same house as you and in your presence is enough to make Chief happy. That is unless he's an outside only dog. Are you not capable of giving Chief any attention? Maybe this link will help:

http://www.wonderpuppy.net/canwehelp/notime.htm
    Love is Adoptable. Adopt a Pit Bull.

Don't Breed or Buy While Shelter Animals Die.

If Pit Bulls are outlawed, only outlaws will have Pit Bulls.

Yes, Chief is an outside only dog. Yes, we do give him love and attention- please, no one think we don't. However, we are adults and cannot be outside all the time playing with the dog like kids can. It breaks our hearts to have to hear him whine and get excited when kids go by because he loves being with the children and playing with them. Yet, if we let him loose to play the other neighbors make waves, and we can't afford to be fined all the time.
    We really are trying to do the best for our dog. We are not unhappy with him, but when we know how he reacts and enjoys to be with children, why is it so cruel to let someone else enjoy him as much as he would them?
    Cats rule; dogs drool!

Why not make him an inside dog so that he isn't alone and bored?Letting him run loose in the neighborhood is never a good idea, not just because YOU may get a fine, but because he could get hit by a car, attacked by another dog or cruel people, picked up by animal control, etc. The neighbors would have every right to make waves, especially if he deficates in their yard or gets too rough or accidentally bites one of their kids. Letting someone else enjoy him isn't what's cruel, making him live outside and then uprooting him from the only family he's known is.

Is there some reason he can't be brought into the house with the rest of the family so that he won't be lonely? Dogs are social pack animals and they are happiest being with their pack--YOU. You may not be unhappy with Chief, but it does sound like, since your son is gone, that you don't want to deal with him anymore. If that's the case then maybe he would be happiest with someone else who would be willing to make him a part of their family. But just remember, there are millions of other unwanted dogs already out there dying in shelters, the lucky ones are living in foster homes that are full to the max with dogs just like Chief waiting for a FOREVER home to come along (which can take a while). And finding a good home for a dog his age is even more difficult.

I can only concur with everything Pit Chick wrote. Please find it in your heart to reconsider. By bringing Chief inside to be an official member of the family, you will find a whole new dimension to living your life in the company of a dog and Chief will repay the favor a thousand times over.

That *cats rule, dogs drool* signature may even get replaced.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I agree totally with Pit Chick and Rachel. Dogs, in my humble opinion, are never to be banished to the great outdoors. I know there are those that disagree. I have never understood *outdoor* dogs. Dogs are so much more. They are family members capable of giving and receiving love and the bond that you develop with a dog once you let him/her inside your home and inside your life and heart simply can't be described. If you really are not a *dog person* (not criticizing, as I know some people feel differently toward cats and dogs) as your signature suggests, and don't feel that you can *do right* by Chief I wish him a home where he can receive that special attention and love from someone else.

There are lots of folks on this board who can help you through this process, and I hope in the meantime you will not send him to a shelter. Please wait for the right home for this special boy. If you give your geographical area, maybe someone might be able to help place him for you.

Guys I think it is futile to post to tvt now. She posted in CG that she was was out. I am assuming that means not coming back. I hope Chief gets a good home as I really think she doesn't want or maybe just cannot keep him. And maybe it IS better if he finds someone who can give him the love and attention he needs. Paws, whiskers, fingers and toes are crossed for Chief that he find the love he deserves.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

So she's one of those that wants quick fixes to her problems right now and don't tell her anything else except "sure I'll take the dog" or she'll get mad and leave. Fine. BYE!! It's her loss.

I tried to offer solutions, just not the one she wanted to hear, apparently Chief ISN'T loved, he's just another disposable yard ornament. God forbid a dog come into the house, he might make it more lively.