Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spa Day; "I BEEN ROBBED" - Marlin

Spa Day; "I BEEN ROBBED" - Marlin

Today was spa day, and Mum used her new clippers. I, Darlin' Marlin, was the guinea pig. Things didn't go well. SOMEONE STOLE MY COAT!! I been ROBBED, I tell ya!

I been moping ever since, even though Mum tried to cheer me up and scolded her Dad for laughing at me.

Good thing winter is almost over. I know, I know, it is hair, it will grow. But how am I supposed to walk around the neighborhood until then?

Mum called a toll free number for help and learned what she was doing wrong. So all the other fluffs are looking pretty good! Not like an experienced groomer did them, but they look mighty fine! All you folks on here will see issues, but that is OK cuz THEY don't have to hide on walkies for the next month!

Willy was next, and did his best to take off Mum's fingers or hand, so she is thinking about a muzzle for him.

He doesn't like his feet touched, so nail clipping, brushing da footsies, and clipping da footsies is not allowed. He doesn't care if she puts on shampoo, rinses that, put on conditioner. He is a goof!

Still, he found it all very tiring, and went to sleep while Mum worked on the girls.

Lacey looks nice, but she does a blitz when Mum puts her down from the table, and then she curls up to nap. So I'm not sure how much you can tell from her photo.

Tasha came out good as well. She also doesn't like her nails clipped and tried to bite, but Mum says you don't muzzle a mill rescue, you just work on it and help them get through it all.

Stand by, I got more photos to share wiff ya -- Marlin
    Last edited by Freedom; 03-07-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Mum finally got things organized enough to do before and after pics for you for Sugar. We all been wearing our winter coats, haven't had ANY clipping done in 11 weeks. Here is Sugar BEFORE:

In the sink

And after

Don't know why her head looks flat in this photo, it really is NOT, it is nice and round.

Willy and Tasha

Willy Tasha and Sugar

I tell ya, if I looked like them, I wouldn't be complaining. But I am almost BALD over here! This is NOT a bichon cut! What the heck, anyone know how to knit or crochet? Here is all the clippings from the 5 of us, I need a bichon costume QUICK!

Darlin' Marlin signing off, very miffed and COLD!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hi Marlin - Sparky here.............

You don't look all that bad - really you don't! You have a sweater you can put on for your walks, don't you? It's still cold/chilly enough for a sweater, without people wondering why you have one on too, so you wouldn't look out of place or anything like that. In a few more weeks when it warms up more and you don't need a sweater, then your hair will have grown back in too- problem solved!

Wish me luck my friend, will ya' please??? Tomorrow I go to the spa - and my Mom says it's a birthday present. I thought we got things we like for our birthday????? Mom says she can't groom me right so has to let the pros take care of me - whew!!!! - thank goodness for that.

And she's actually going to humiliate me too. Today she took some "before" pics of me, and she says she is going to post them here on PT for everyone to see, along with the "after" pics that she'll take. If I didn't love her so much - I'd bite her - or at least hide her camera!!!

So my friend - hang in there - and pray that your hair goes thru a fast growth spurt!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You know what, though, Marlin? In a couple of weeks it will be warmer, and you'll be able to go on walkies without a sweater... AND your coat will have grown back in some by then.

And Willy- honey- you can't try to nip at mum's fingers while she is caring for your coat. That is just not an option. I hope that over time you'll get comfortable with mum's home spa-days.

Tasha, I hope you get used to mum taking care of your feets. She will help you so you don't have trouble with your nails.

You ALL look very nice to me! I like the picture of Willy and granddad having a cuddle!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh no! Poor Marlin!! I can see your pink skin. Well I guess this means you don't have to go for walks with the rest of the crew (unless you like walks, of course). I still think you are adorable though Marlin.

And I just love the picture of Willy and Dad snoozing in the chair. Precious!

The rest of the crew looks great! Keep practicing (swap guinea pigs each time) and you'll be a pro. I only attempt to trim up Zoee's bottom if I need to. I wish I could do feet, because Taggart needs his feet hair trimmed. He slides on the hardwood. But he doesn't need a full hair cut so I don't take him to the groomer.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh My! Freedom, You've been a busy girl LOL. Do I see pink skin in photo?? and he has his tongue hanging out. Poor boy, Marlin, I think it is. To be truthful I can't tell them apart. They all just look puffy and white to me. Think of all the money you saved by trimming them yourself. They're cute little fluffs. Considering everything, I think you did a good job... Kay in NC

Thanks, Kay. I knew when I decided to adopt Willy I was going to have to start grooming them myself. All the equipment I bought, and if I do them 3 times I break even!

Thanks Elllie, Elyse and Cindy for commiserating with my Marlin!

Sparky, I'll be on the lookout for your photo thread!

Poor Marlin. Next time get at the back of the line!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Poor guy. It's okay... mommy has to learn... next time you'll be fine. :-D
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Ok Mstr Marlin. You knows me. Iz alwaz sides fer da doggies! I sez, deemand..Take NO prizunerz! Ya knowz wherez mummy keepz da cwipperz? I tinks SHE needz a twim! Lukily fer youz, Iz LUVS ya no matterz what! Hmpf! Yuz were a guineez piggy! But Iz alwayz tinks yuz is SO handysome so Iz don't carz iffin yuz luk a widdle unfuzzed. Yea, Willz, I be haten miz footziez tuched tos, or Iz shud sez 4! Has! Has! Imadez a jokey! Da vetz havez to putz dat hurrible ting on myz snout!

Mummy und me LUVS da pix of ya all esp da one uf you und grandpappy snoozen on da reclinr! Makin me sweepie!

Luv,
    Mz Logan

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks Chocolate Puppy and Monica. I think that particular mistake is in the past forever! I just could NOT figure out the comb attachments. NO INSTRUCTIONS (well, this is a PRO set, you should have learned all about it in getting your license). The combs are spring loaded!

Marlin: Mz Logan, thanksk for luvin me in all my pinkness! This short, it will be 4 weeks till I looksks like meself againsk. I likesk your joke! BOL!!!! Mum DOES need a trim, hmmm, you give me ideask. WOOF!

Dear Darlin Marlin, I need a haircut b-a-d... mum has new clippers ... I'd be happy to serve as mum's next day-spa client Does she allow appointments to be scheduled for bang trims in between haircuts? Sometimes I just needsk a bang trim a little ahead of my next haircut.

Th e gal who cuts my hair is off for a few weeks due to illness, so I'm trying to wait it out. I really like the way she cuts my hair. But I am lookin -- well, past due for a haircut!

Elyse

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    Poor Marlin. Next time get at the back of the line!
    LOL I agree. At least your fur will grow back.

Marlin, Pinot here...whassis "clippers"....whassis "spa day"? Am I missing out on something? Please advise ASAP...call me on the cell....

You look good in pink!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Dear Darlin Marlin...

I was thinking about you early this morning when I couldn't sleep (and Willy and the girls too, by the way)

How's your coat coming in? Here is a picture I really like- it's you wearing your winter overcoat which is so bright blue! I bet your coat will have grown back in by the time you don't need an overcoat for farm walkies.

I could still use a bang trim if mum wants to try out teh ebil clippers again the lady who cuts my hair is out for two more weeks and I am lookin shaggy!

Your admiring fan (one of many),
    elyse