Thread: Anyone live in Iowa?

Anyone live in Iowa?

There is a Congressman from Iowa, Steve King, who approves of dogfighting.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ing/?mobile=nc

What an absolute creep he is. Sure hope he gets booted from office in November.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I live in IOWA. I have never heard of this guy or his thoughts on humans fighting & dogs fighting issue. But I have seen people leave their children in a hot car while they took their dog into the veterinaries office in Minnesota.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

What an absolute moron.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Yes, I live in IOWA. I have never heard of this guy or his thoughts on humans fighting & dogs fighting issue.
    He represents Iowa's 5th Congressional District, located in the western part of the state and includes Sioux City and Council Bluffs.

But I have seen people leave their children in a hot car while they took their dog into the veterinaries office in Minnesota.
    And my mother left us in a station wagon unattended while she went grocery shopping.

And I used to leave Lady in the truck while I went in shopping on hot days.

None of this, however, has anything to do with dogfighting.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

This guy is an idiot. I had never seen this article until I saw it on Facebook, but I'm not surprised. For some reason people keep putting him back in office - I just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And my mother left us in a station wagon unattended while she went grocery shopping.

What others may not know from this is you leave windows down for plenty of ventilation for Lady, AND she will guard that truck with a very ferocious-sounding bark, and being a largish black dog, no one ever attempted to steal her with any success!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Yes it does have everything to do with dog fighting. Mr. King is barking up the wrong tree. He doesn't see the real issue it is how humans are treating humans & that comes first. If humans treat humans with respect there will be respect for animals even dogs.

Dogs have been used in the military for combat etc. I wonder what he thinks about that?

It is like another senator out East who had issues about farmers & farming his cure was you can find all your food in the grocery store you don't need to depend on farmers. I wonder where he was educated surely not in the corn & bean belt.

Yes it does have everything to do with dog fighting. Mr. King is barking up the wrong tree. He doesn't see the real issue it is how humans are treating humans & that comes first. If humans treat humans with respect there will be respect for animals even dogs.
    Mr. King appears to regard humans the same as he does dogs - not worth the time of day. He feels states have the right to ban contraception; he voted to restrict the Violence Against Women Act; consistently votes against acts requiring equal pay for equal work.

You know how they say if someone is an animal abuser, the next thing you know that person will be abusing children/people? Seems to me that Mr. King is an equal abuser of everyone.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I can't believe that this moron is actually an "elected" official.

I was reading some of the comments people had posted on this article, and it made reference to southern states and those below the Mason-Dixon Line - and implied that those people had the mentality to condone dog fighting. How incredibly unfair to try to label people that way because of their geographic location. And yes - I live about 3 miles south of the Mason-Dixon Line..............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

It's bad enough that there are lots of morons out there who think that way, but one who is very public with these views who has been elected.. and RE-ELECTED.. to office? Shocking and discouraging.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My problem with this is he thinks it's hypocritical that we allow people to fight yet not animals. THOSE PEOPLE MAKE A LIVING OUT OF IT AND DO IT WILLINGLY YOU IDIOT. I am assuming he is talking about wrestling or boxing. The animals do not have a say in it. Disgusting for sure.

Pom, unfortunately, that is a popular stereotype. I have heard it before, and I to think it is really unfair to paint all people with the same brush based on their geography. Don't worry, WE know not all people think like that.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post

Pom, unfortunately, that is a popular stereotype. I have heard it before, and I to think it is really unfair to paint all people with the same brush based on their geography. Don't worry, WE know not all people think like that.
    I'm an "import" to Delaware - I was born and raised a Yankee in Rhode Island. But it's so true that people are stereotyped by their geographic location. Just like I list my location as (S)lower Delaware - and that is a Delaware stereotype. Anyone living south of the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal is classed as this. You could take it 2 ways I suppose - slower in intelligence, or slower in the more relaxed lifestyle.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Mr. King appears to regard humans the same as he does dogs - not worth the time of day. He feels states have the right to ban contraception; he voted to restrict the Violence Against Women Act; consistently votes against acts requiring equal pay for equal work.

You know how they say if someone is an animal abuser, the next thing you know that person will be abusing children/people? Seems to me that Mr. King is an equal abuser of everyone.
    Your right on there Grace.