Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our latest rescue cat (Chinchilla) *UPDATE*

Our latest rescue cat (Chinchilla) *UPDATE*

Lastnight coming out of KFC in the main St of our city my Mum and i saw a cat wandering up the side of the road (Very busy on a Friday night).. so being the animal loving people that we are, we stopped and i hopped out of the car and went a grabbed the cat and took it back to the car (So matted we cannot tell what sex it is).

As soon as i picked up the poor thing i could tell that it is literally matted fur and bones . Her/ his rear end looks infected and is so matted and smelly. I have not seen an animal so infested with fleas beofre this cat.

We spent a good hour starting to clean the poor thing up, and she (I think) will be off to the vets first thing this morning to be clipped back and given an anti biotic shot, and treated for fleas.

'Nuff rambling.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cloverfdx; 07-17-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Aww...even as rumpled as she is, she is a beautiful girl!

I hope she does well at the vet's - will be great to see her as she heals up/

Can you keep her while she does, and update pics?

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

She IS beautiful (or at least, she will be). I can't even imagine how uncomfortable she is with that cast of mats on her body. She is very lucky you happened by. Keep us updated.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh poor thing! I do see a beautiful cat under all that mess.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Poor kitty. She'll probably need a lion cut, but then the fur should grow in beautifully.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Poor, poor kitty! But at least she managed to be found by you, little does she know her new life is about to begin!

Oh thank you for helping her/him. She seems beautiful.

How has she been behaving? Scared? Friendly? Hungry?
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Have her checked for a microchip... I have the feeling she has people looking for her. She is to lovely NOT to have some looking for her. Even as she looks now, she is BEAUTIFUL, when she is cleaned up, she is going to be breathtaking.. Than you for stopping to rescue this lovely baby off the streets.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The Pet Angels have put a Gold Star beside your name for rescuing that Poor Cat.
    And we think that you will be rewarded by the love of taht Lucky Cat, and will have a Gorgeous Cat to treasure for years to come.
    God Bless You.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

You did a wonderful thing and will be greatly rewarded!!!! St. Francis smiles on you!!! Good luck at the vet!!! Please send us photos when the cat is better. What will you call her???
    Nine is Fine!!

Thankyou everyone for all the well wishes, much appreciated.

Sorry about the delayed update everyone.. Twas a rough weekend .

Willow as she is currently being called looks as though she wont make it.. she has stopped eating, not going to the toilet etc. The vets were not able to get us in Saturday morning so she will be going later today. We also found out that she only has 1 tooth .. so cannot eat dry food/ kibble.

I realy think the kindest thing will be to put her to sleep unfortunatly.. unless the vets says otherwise.

*Sigh* I hope things start improving soon, starting to loose heart .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Can you get water into her - with a syringe? Fluids will help until you can get her into the Vet.

Awwww thanks for giving her at least one or two days in luxury! She feels you care!!
    I hope you can save her, she is a beauty!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Please don't kill her! She needs a second chance. I hope you will give her that chance. She's beautiful.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Get something in her! Force feed if you have to. I can't believe she managed to survive on the streets only to die once she has been rescued. That is to hard to grasp.. Feed her baby food meat from a jar. TRY to get something in her.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!