Thread: Oscar's dental this morning

Oscar's dental this morning

Oscar is feeling very reassured that since Don Juan's dental went so well that he will be just fine also.

He has FORL - Feline Ododontal Resorptive Lesion. It's a sore that appears on the gums and bores into the tooth, and the teeth reabsorb into the gums. It's painful! It's on two of his teeth, so he will likely lose those.

Usually Oriental Shorthair and other cats have this and they lose ALL their teeth to it.

Praying for and expecting a good outcome. He will feel better afterwards!

Yay Dr Kristen!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for Oscar, and for Dr. Kristen and you too, Candace, for taking such good care of him.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

I hope Oscar's dental will go well! A day of suffering, and then he will feel so much better.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oscar is looping around the place right now, higher than a kite!

SEVEN teeth were removed, including all his canines. Several teeth had already resorbed. The poor guy must have been in so much pain, but he didn't show it. I feel like such a bad meowmie - poor Oscar!

Metacam for a few days, plus antibiotics and soft food. I am sure he will feel tons better when he heals up.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts. Oscar appreciates them and so do I.

Poor Oscar, I'm sorry he had a dental problem and am glad he got through it ok. I had never heard of FORL until I read it in your post. Maybe I should try to look at Luke's teeth (that will be a JOB). Anyway I sure am glad the appointment is over and hope he will heal quickly and get back to his old self soon. Kay

Poor Oscar. I'm sure he'll soon feel so much better and now he should also be much healthier too since his bad teeth are now gone.

He'll feel so much better now. And you're not a bad meowmie. I have difficulty checking Sam's teeth. He just won't let me.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

That is akways good when Your Cat comes home from the Dental, and they start right in and start crunching thier food.

That makes the expense and bother a worth while
    We are so peased that Osca is well.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks, everyone.

Gary, Oscar has to be on soft food for a few days. I did mix some with warm water last night, and he got about a teaspoon into him. He was still a bit out of it, but did calm down enough so I could unwrap the bandage on his leg where the IV site was.

This morning was medication time! Thankfully, the antibiotic was eaten in a pill pocket. The liquid Metacam was NOT going in his mouth (said Oscar) and I wasn't about to pry his jaws open. I mixed a small amount of soft food with warm water and mixed the Metacam into it. He ate it all! So the meds will be easier than I thought.

The only thing left now is results of the urinanalysis.

Oscar was all snuggly and purry this morning, and wanted to snuggle up under the covers with me. He sure was happy to be home, and likely feeling MUCH less pain than he has for a while!

I love my baby boy!

When it comes to our cuddly, purring, kitties what's not to love?
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Glad he's feeling better. I haven't tried pill pockets yet with Emily.

Hope he continues to improve.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Oscar had no interest in the pill pockets last night and this morning. They are a bit stale so will buy some fresh ones today.

However, he is feeling fine enough that I gave him the pill by hand. Neither party was damaged in the process!

The Metacam in wet food is still a hit so will keep that up.

He certainly isn't hissing any more.

Gosh, that was a lot of teeth coming out! Poor boy! He must have had some pain, but it's hard to tell with cats. Glad he's feeling better now and taking his medicine.

Gentle kisses to Oscar.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.