Thread: Posting problems

Posting problems

Honestly, what's the deal w/being able to post in color, size and font? I've done it a jillion times but each time I click on something, when I submit it, none of the things that I clicked on worked. I have to go back and do it one at a time. It takes forever to post something that way.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What happens when you try? Do the "tags" appear in the window - like [ B] or [ COLOR] at all?
    I've Been Frosted

Mary, it works for me. I posted in Kuhio's birthday thread, and just went to check before writing this. I put Happy Birthday in bold, purple, size 6. No probs.

I use Firefox, in case that matters at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What happens when you try? Do the "tags" appear in the window - like [ B] or [ COLOR] at all?
    Yes, all the tags appear but then when I post, the font is plain, all black when I've chosen red, no italics, etc.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What browser and what operating system are you using?

Does these words appear to you as colored and bold?
    I've Been Frosted

Karen, I've having issues with the text editor and not just on this site. On the quick reply in the visitor message, the quoted reply appeared scrambled somewhat until I doubble clicked on it. I have a similar issue on Facebook.

This new computer is using IE 9.0.8xxx. I think I will download Firefox first and then google chrome to see if there is an improvement.

but I was wondering if there is an add-on to help. I did have to load JAVA to get some stuff working.

And keyboard shortcuts don't work in the editor. hmmmm I may have some settings to check out.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Karen, I've having issues with the text editor and not just on this site. On the quick reply in the visitor message, the quoted reply appeared scrambled somewhat until I double clicked on it. I have a similar issue on Facebook.

This new computer is using IE 9.0.8xxx. I think I will download Firefox first and then Google chrome to see if there is an improvement.

but I was wondering if there is an add-on to help. I did have to load JAVA to get some stuff working.

And keyboard shortcuts don't work in the editor. Hmm-mm I may have some settings to check out.
    Well, I downloaded both chrome and Firefox, but just using Firefox right now. The problems with the text editor seem to have disappeared.

You would think the Exploder, manufactured by the same people that create Windows would work better than another program, but . . . . .

Thanks for listening. I just noticed that the spelling checker is working again also. double hmmphh
    Anne

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

You would think the Exploder, manufactured by the same people that create Windows would work better...
    LOL! Was this on purpose... I love it!

Btw, I don't have any problems, other than when I shrink my window width, the dog/Cat and Pet of the day don't adjust. I'm using Camino.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    LOL! Was this on purpose... I love it!

Btw, I don't have any problems, other than when I shrink my window width, the dog/Cat and Pet of the day don't adjust. I'm using Camino.
    Internet Exploder?

That's a common epithet for one of MiniSloppy's slack programming catastrophes here in the USA.

We have other names for MicroSoft, too.
    Anne

Glad things are working for you again. Yep, Explorer tends to be buggier than a swamp in May!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, Pet Talkers at Face Book is acting up big time. Posts are disappearing. Comments, too.
    Anne

Pet Talk I have some control over. Facebook I - and we - have absolutely no control over!
    I've Been Frosted