Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When Your Pet Cheats On You

When Your Pet Cheats On You

A funny article about pets who find others to love. It's never happened to me yet, how about you?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26860866/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Makes a good case for INDOOR CATS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Makes a good case for INDOOR CATS!

Or, who you get to Pet sit when you're away from home.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I was younger and living at home (I'm talking like, 25 years ago or more), we had barn cats on our farm. One of the cats, Corvette, was one of my favorites, and I considered her "mine".

Apparently, Corvette, had other ideas. She would disappear for days, sometimes weeks, and I remember thinking something awful happened to her. Turns out she had just wandered up the back country road to another neighbor who only had one cat, and also kept her inside a lot more (cats weren't considered inside pets back in the day at my house). I finally convinced my mom that Corvette would be happier as a primarily indoor cat, so she did come back and spend much more time with us than up at the neighbor's house.

It's all in what they want and what they get. I didn't blame her for wanting to spend more time inside.

Yes, my first dog, Peaches, my heart dog. She absolutely adored one of my neighbors. I often said that if she could figure out how to get to Joyce's condo without crossing the street (she knew she wasn't allowed in the street alone ), she would have left me in a heartbeat. Actually, Peaches was a very very good girl, and one time I put her in a sit-stay and put something in the dumpster, when I returned she was gone. I found her at Joyce's front door. I later found out that she followed another neighbor who had taken some cupcakes across the street to Joyce's place. But I never doubted that she loved me and was happy with me.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 09-28-2008 at 08:50 PM.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I never had that problem! Everyone I've ever had has known which side their bread is buttered on!!! I've always spoiled them all rotten!!!!!

I am the other owner....for Daisy. She doesn't officially live here, but she might as well and I love her like she was my own.

When i was a kid we had a German Short Haired Pointer. I don't remember where George came from, but we got him as an adult dog. A young man who worked for my Dad, house and dogsat for us once when we went on holidays. When we got back, George decided he'd rather live with him. My Dad's shop was in our yard and every time that kid came to work, George tried to go home with him. Eventually, George got his way and he got to live with the person he picked! We kept visitiation rights!

George led a life of complete luxury. His owner's mother cooked him steak and liver for his dinner. He had his own bed--a toddler's bed converted into a dog bed. He was spoiled rotten and deeply loved! It was a good deal for George!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    I am the other owner....for Daisy. She doesn't officially live here, but she might as well and I love her like she was my own.

When i was a kid we had a German Short Haired Pointer. I don't remember where George came from, but we got him as an adult dog. A young man who worked for my Dad, house and dogsat for us once when we went on holidays. When we got back, George decided he'd rather live with him. My Dad's shop was in our yard and every time that kid came to work, George tried to go home with him. Eventually, George got his way and he got to live with the person he picked! We kept visitiation rights!

George led a life of complete luxury. His owner's mother cooked him steak and liver for his dinner. He had his own bed--a toddler's bed converted into a dog bed. He was spoiled rotten and deeply loved! It was a good deal for George!

Good story about George. He sounds like a smart dog & I'm glad he
    got his wish.

Actually, I thought of Daisy when I first read the article. She made a
    great pick for herself too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

OHyeah, Dad has "stolen" two of my cats!

Vita and Crystal both LOVE Dad. Prior to Crystal's arrival, Vita would snuggle up with Dad, and ignore me. Crystal refuses to share Dad with anyone, so now Vita acts "homeless" sometimes, moping in Dad's room, looking at him lying in the bed (with Crystal) and sighing. Does she return to MY bed, where she slept snuggled next to ME for 5 years prior to his arrival? Oh no!

Crystal was GIVEN TO ME. You'd never know it, she hisses and swats at me; I am just the slave who feeds her and keeps her box clean. She is Dad's cat all the way!

I'm happy to say that I have not had a cat prefer someone else yet, but Micky, the Ginger cat who lives across the road from me upsets his parents sometimes. They think he is their cat, but he spends an awful lot of time over here. He always seems to prefer my cats' food to his own. I think he just likes the feeling of taking what is not his.

MooShoo is THE most loyal, devoted, loving dude I've ever laid eyes on. He is in my bed ever single night with my arms wrapped around him, snuggled under the covers with his head on HIS (yeah, he's got his own pillow) pillow, purring away. That's a heck of alot more than I can say about MOST of the guys I've dated. Now THAT'S pretty sad.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

For the next couple days I'm going to have to deal with a depressed canine. Lady has her other favorite human in residence (My dad has been visiting), and she sucks up to him the moment he walks in the door. He leaves tomorrow morning, which means Lady is going to mope.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    snuggled under the covers with his head on HIS (yeah, he's got his own pillow) pillow, purring away. That's a heck of alot more than I can say about MOST of the guys I've dated. Now THAT'S pretty sad.

Whoa......

How do you mean that?

A gentleman won't steal a woman's pillow and we don't purr in bed, we snore!

Non of my pets would ever cheat on me. I love them more than my family and both parties know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    For the next couple days I'm going to have to deal with a depressed canine. Lady has her other favorite human in residence (My dad has been visiting), and she sucks up to him the moment he walks in the door. He leaves tomorrow morning, which means Lady is going to mope.

Aww, poor Lady. I'm convinced some pets enjoy company as much as
    their humans do.

My son & I both visited my daughter last month & her dog Coco wanted
    to sit next to me while we watched movies in the evening.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

we don't purr in bed, we snore
    My point exactly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!