Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers Needed For Marigold's Newborn

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Prayers Needed For Marigold's Newborn

I have been going like a nut all day. I got a call from (our not too usefull) Animal Control Officer regarding newborns at a nearby apartment/project. I'm glad I went when I did, and somehow located the mama I named Marigold in the corner of thick hedges and against a brick wall. With ACO's help, I got her out using the rabies pole, and climbed in and got her six newborn babies. I got them home here, put the ACO's carrier in the bathroom with Marigold, and then went to give her the kittens. Two were separated, the other four were completely tangled by umbilical cords to each other. Hubby and I couldn't do the job that needed extra hands, so I went to the vets office with the four. The beige baby (the rest are orange) had lost circulation in his hind leg and it's horribly swollen, and purple. It's hopefully going to heal or else I don't know what's going to happen. The family is in a foster home, along with a few others from here. Larry is planning on getting up every two hours and soaking and massaging the kitten's foot. My life can never be plain old dull can it? Sweet abandoned mama shouldn't have to live like garbage, and give birth in a dirt hole in the bushes.

Proud new mama Marigold nursing the kids

Beige baby's poor foot

~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Marigold and the babies have a chance now due to your kindness.....you're right, though, it isn't fair, she and so many others shouldn't have to live like that. Thank heaven for people like you and Larry who will go the extra mile. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Logan

Oh how sad. I'm so glad you are there for them, bless you!

Prayers on the way!

From Decker with Love

Will keep good thoughts, what a precious mommie cat
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I am glad you were able to rescue Marigold and her babies. There is hope for them now, thanks to you. I hope Larry’s soaks and massages help the poor baby with the hurt leg. Perhaps Aly (remembering baby Lily’s leg) can give additional advice.
    Steffi and Lovable

Awww...Mama kitty is so cute! Is Larry hubby or is Larry foster daddy - just curious since you've mentioned "hubby" before but never a name.

And I'm thinking that thanks to you, that little babies foot is going to be just fine. When Aly first got Lily her leg was all swollen and deformed also, and now Lily is over a year old and you'd never be able to tell she had a problem as a kitten. (which reminds me, we need to get sirrahbed whining about Toby and Lily pics - who we haven't seen in forever!)

You're right that poor Mama didn't deserve such a fate, but the good news is that now, thanks to you, she is in much better hands and she will never again have to have babies in a dirt hole behind some bushes. Thank you.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

What a beautiful cat and beautiful babies. Bless you for helping them. I'm sending lots of prayers for them all.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I hope Ali sees this and offers a touch of encouragement. I've dealt with umbilical cords wrapped around kittens before, but not to this extent. They must have been born during the night, as the cords were dried out. One of the orange kittens also had circulation cut off, but when I went to try and figure out which one I couldn't tell them apart! T&PS Mom..Larry is a foster purrson I've met in passing through shelters. He has a terrific setup he's designed with dressers as nurseries (he pulls bottom drawer out, and cuts escape holes on both sides of the back). Each mom cat has her own room, which is easy to keep clean. He's a stay at home foster dad (rich wife lol), so has the time to devote to the newborn, and socializing a few others I brought him. Dave is my other half...who is ever so tolerant Bless him!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Poor little babies. Prayers for them and for the new mom.

Prayers are Coming,for that Poor Kitten,and May Our Lord,in his infinite mercy,help him get better! Bless You,For Caring!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent right now. Marigold looks like such a wonderful momma. She is beautiful..I love her face...so sweet. Please keep us posted on her and the kittens.

Oh, how pitiful!!! All I can say is, thank God for QSA!!! Those little kittens will have a chance now . . . they probably wouldn't made it if you hadn't rescued them!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Originally posted by catmandu
    Prayers are Coming,for that Poor Kitten,and May Our Lord,in his infinite mercy,help him get better! Bless You,For Caring!
    Well said Catmandu! Ditto here! Fingers and paws crossed for this new litter of kittens!

Lots of prayers coming your way.

Your rescues always thrill me. I know how hard it is to do what you do and I'm totally in awe of your capabilities. I wish I could be there to help you. I get tired just reading about all the work you do. You go, girl!

Mary

Jan - the work you do truly amazes me. Marigold and her babies do not deserve what has happened to them so far but NOW they have a chance and it is because of YOU. Larry sounds like a purrfect foster dad. Thank you so much for all that you do - and for sharing the details here with us.