Thread: Who would do something like this??

Who would do something like this??

Police: Mom Kills Baby By Amputating Arms
    Infant Dies On Way To Hospital

POSTED: 2:22 pm EST November 22, 2004
    UPDATED: 7:37 pm EST November 22, 2004

DALLAS -- Police Monday charged a Plano woman with capital murder in the gruesome death of her 11-month-old daughter.

Police said Dena Schlosser, 35, amputated her infant's arms inside the family residence at The Fairways Apartments in the 1700 block of Coit Road.

They said the young mother called 911 just before noon to summon officers to the apartment.

Police said that Schlosser was quietly sitting in her living room when they arrived at the scene, while her daughter was bleeding to death in a back bedroom.

"[Schlosser] was sitting inside the apartment. She had blood on her clothing," Officer Carl Duke. "There was no indication from my officers about her being hysterical."

The baby was taken to a Plano hospital, where she died.

Officials said Schlosser admitted to cutting off her baby's arms.

"There were some statements made by the mother ... that indicate she was responsible for the injuries to this child," he said.

Schlosser's husband and two other children, ages 6 and 9, were not at home at the time of the incident.

Neighbors said they were shocked to hear of the incident.

Michael Lujan, who lives next door to the family, said there were no signs of trouble.

"They seemed like a sweet family, go out there and have a picnic under the trees. Just, I don't know, they seemed like a nice little family," he said.

Despite outward appearances, police and child welfare investigators said they had been to the home before.

In fact, Child Protective Services opened a case on the family soon after the birth of the 11-month-old, KXAS-TV reported.

KXAS-TV also reported that Schlosser was suffering from post-partum depression and was receiving mental health care.
    Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

---------------------------------------------

What people do these days!
    So sad

Interesting....I wonder what the poor mother must have been going through to bring her to such a dispicable act... Post-partum depression can be a horrifying, life-altering experience..

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I seen this on another forum I belong to. It really upsets me I can't understand it.

I feel really bad for the baby.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"