Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I`m giving Thelmer away.

I`m giving Thelmer away.

yes I am. I`m gonna miss her! She was my very first pet.

I guess you guys want to know why. I can`t give her all the attention she needs,and my mom and dad pay for her spaying and basically my whole family dislikes her,except for my brother and me. I love her to death but unfortunatly it`s just not gonna work.

After We`ve moved in our new house I`m gonna get a Guinea pig.
    Last edited by Rottieluver45; 04-20-2003 at 03:07 PM.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your decision! I know you loved her, and she loved you! I'm really, really sorry.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your decision. You are a great mom, and are only doing what is best. My thoughts are with you and Thelmer.
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

That's so sad. I wish there was some other way. Where is she going? Are you giving her to a friend?

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Oh, so sad. Wish I were closer. Did you find a home for Thelmer? Maybe house rabbit society could help, check http://rabbit.org. Sorry, sweet Thelmer, wish you could stay. And maybe someday years from now, you'll be able to have a rabbit when you're in your own place, and apply everything Thelmer has taught you to a new bunny.

Awww Rottieluver, I'm sorry to hear about your decision, but I'm sure that you have Thelmer's best interest in mind, and that's the most important. I hope you can find her a good home and a good buddy to take care of her!!!

That really sux rottie, but what makes you think you'll have any more time for a guinea pig then you had for Thelmer? Just curious. Also your parents will have to pay for vet for the guiea pig as well. Guiean pigs also have A totally different diet plan then Rabbits, hope you know that. Guinea pigs are also more messy and require more space and also company. Also what makes you think that your whole family is going to liek a guinea pig? this confuses me.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

what makes you think you'll have any more time for a guinea pig then you had for Thelmer?
    My sentiments exactly!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    Also what makes you think that your whole family is going to liek a guinea pig? this confuses me.
    Maybe her family likes Guinea Pigs better and told her she could have one. It is a matter of opinion. I know my Dad would rather get me a dog than a rat. He hates rats.

what makes you think you'll have any more time for a guinea pig then you had for Thelmer?
    But I am also wondering about this too.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I dought that Rotties parents will like a guinea pig more, they are more skiddish and scared of ppl, they pee aLOT!! they have to have their cage cleaned every 2 day. they have very week backs that can be very easily injured. they have a very specific diet plan. They dont like to be picked up. A rabbit is much more easy for a person to take care of, in my opinion. I love Guinea pigs so much non the less but I just dont understand why Thelmer has to leave?? Thelmer is such a good rabbit she naver did anything to anyone. A guinea pig need alot of attention and is very time consuming. they are HIGHLY social. They need to have a cage mate, or an owner that will always have time to be their for it NO MATTER WHAT!. Are you allowed to have 2 guinea pigs?

I just dont understand why Thelmer has to leave??
    because, like rottie said, she cant give him the attention he deserves.

Rottie, I think you are doing the right thing. Im very sorry about this though, thats to bad. just make sure he gets a wonderful and loving home. many **HUGS** to you. again im sorry.

but i also dont think you should get a guine pig if you dont have time for the bunny. that just doesnt make sense.

I wish you much luck with all this.

"Shoot for the moon because even if you miss, you will still land among the stars."
    poor you!!!
    [color=royal blue]LOVING MOMMY TO MY FUR BABY, RUSTY![/COLOR]

THANX SOOOO MUCH TO POPCORNBIRD FOR THE GREAT SIG!!!!
    DOGLOVRFOREVR

I dought that Rotties parents will like a guinea pig more, they are more skiddish and scared of ppl, they pee aLOT!! they have to have their cage cleaned every 2 day. they have very week backs that can be very easily injured. they have a very specific diet plan. They dont like to be picked up. A rabbit is much more easy for a person to take care of, in my opinion. I love Guinea pigs so much non the less but I just dont understand why Thelmer has to leave?? Thelmer is such a good rabbit she naver did anything to anyone. A guinea pig need alot of attention and is very time consuming. they are HIGHLY social. They need to have a cage mate, or an owner that will always have time to be their for it NO MATTER WHAT!. Are you allowed to have 2 guinea pigs?
    A guinea pig is usually kept in a cage (except for supervised playtime, of course) whereas a rabbit is free to roam the house. Both are social creatures, but bunnies have different demands on a person's time than guinea pigs, and perhaps they have had guinea pigs before.

Do not criticize her for a decision (re-homing Thelmer) that is not entirely up to her, and do not make presumptions about her family's needs or situation. In the new house, things may be different, and you should give her the benefit of doubt before criticizing her tentative future choice of pet.

A guinea pig is usually kept in a cage (except for supervised playtime, of course) whereas a rabbit is free to roam the house. Both are social creatures, but bunnies have different demands on a person's time than guinea pigs, and perhaps they have had guinea pigs before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not all rabbits have the run of the house. some ppl house their rabbit outside in a hutch and only let them out supervised.

And I am not criticizeing, it just doesnt make sence to me.

not all rabbits have the run of the house. some ppl house their rabbit outside in a hutch and only let them out supervised.

And I am not criticizeing, it just doesnt make sence to me.
    I know that, but Thelmer, the rabbit we are talking about, is a house rabbit, and moving her to an outside hutch at this point would not be fair.