Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Princess Pinot has an appointment with her Personal Physician- :( #15

Princess Pinot has an appointment with her Personal Physician- :( #15

Little Miss Pinot thinks it's just SO inconvenient to add this to her BUSY day, but she just MUST get this taken care of! There is the most ANNOYING spot next to her left eye that simply WILL NOT go away. Just not acceptable!

Seriously, though, we noticed a red dot the other day above her eye - no biggie, poked herself with her claw when scratching....happens. Then today it seems the spot is bigger and raised with other areas around it. I don't think it's serious, but I would like to make sure she has the right cream for it, so off to the vet's we go at 11:45. Wish her luck!
    Last edited by Pinot's Mom; 09-05-2011 at 09:24 AM.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Good Luck Miss Pinot. I hope it's nothing serious and you can carry on with your busy schedule.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Good luck, Pinot! A girl like you can't have spots in your face, so you'd better have it taken care of, and you will much better when it's gone.

I hope it's nothing serious, sweetheart.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I would like to make sure she has the right cream for it, so off to the vet's we go at 11:45. Wish her luck!
    That close to the eye, yup, get the right stuff.

Pinot, you will be back to your OWN schedule later today. Quick healing vibes coming your way, too.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh Pinot - we hope it's nothing serious - however, you MUST get that pretty face back in shape. Try not to have too much of an attitude with Mom & Dad about it - they are just looking out for your best interest. Go easy on the vet too - okay???
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Pinot we think it is humiliating to be put into a box and dragged to the whitecoats. We are sure you will be ok.
    Yours in protest
    Kiri and Orion

Allergies! Who knew?

It seems Pinot has some sort of allergic reaction to "something" - probably atmospheric and seasonal. Upon closer inspection Dr. Huson found more "spots" and said this is a type of allergic reaction only cats get and it affects the face most. There is a little inflamation around her left eye, though nothing in the eye itself. Looking at the records she MAY have had a lesser reaction, but the same thing, last fall.

So, Princess Pinot will be "pilled" once a day (steroid) for 5 days and then once every other day for the next 5.

She appreciates all the well wishes and will be contacting her lawyer about being put in that box. THE INDIGNITY!! Horrors!

​GO RAVENS!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hey Pinot ~ Sparky here........

Well I certainly am relieved to hear that it's just something in the air (or in the grass), and nothing more serious. Enjoy those steroids - they'll make you hungry as a horse, and if you play it right and complain about being so hungry, the keepers of the kibble will most likely feed you more- just to keep you from complaining so much. Milk it, girl!

When I had my allergic reaction I had to take those steroid things too, and was always scrounging around for more grub. I don't know if it was worth it tho - those bees or wasps that get caught in your throat on the way down, hurt like the devil when they sting. I don't want to go there or do that again - ever!!

Take care my friend,
    Love & Woofs from your friend Sparky
    (Myndi's sending them too)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Princess Pinot, I'm sorry to hear that you have allergies but hopefully the pills will fix you right up. I too have had to take them because sometimes my chin and lips break out. I don't have allergies but an autoimmune disease. I'm sure you'll feel better very soon.

Your Feline Friend,
    Pearly Girl

Dear Miss Pinot - surely you are allergic to hunting foxes!

Hope you feel better soon, pretty girl - and take your medications like the lady you are. Your purrents just want to help you get well.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Glad it is something "mild" and not serious. Darn allergies!

Pinot, forget about the box, once you've had a few pills, you'll be calling the lawyer about THOSE!

Good luck pilling her, Maggie.

I would hide her Catberry. I'm sure she has Groucho on speed dial.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We are so glad you are getting better, lovely Ms. Pinot. We hope you will be in FINE form for the Great Haggis Feast and other adventures!

You really should consult with Groucho about the indignities you have been made to suffer because of all this.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Speedy recovery!

This is breaking my heart. Pinot does not react well to meds in general and steroids are no exception. "Pilling" her really isn't an issue. She was so sick when we first got her and I believe that experience has made her very tolerant of pills and examinations of all kinds. She's a trouper...BUT she is not herself. Sparky, hunger is not one of her symptoms; quite the opposite. She is not interested in food at all. She does not wake us up in the morning and we really have to coax her to her bowl. She hides through most of the day in a dark corner. I can't stand it. I just want her better.

​GO RAVENS!!